Giving Winston A Trot for His Money

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

I’m so proud to introduce my dog, Apollo, and Advertising Creative Specialist Zach’s dog, Missy! Behind each pair of dreamy eyes lies friendly fidos worth knowing, so here’s a few facts about the newest ModDogs!

Two-year old Apollo is a lovable Italian Greyhound who enjoys burrowing in a sea of blankets, wearing his burgundy corduroy coat, chasing cats, and being my constant shadow. When he’s not lounging on my lap, Apollo can be found curled up in a blanket to the right of my keyboard. Forget Newton’s Cradle – the most effective office distraction/de-stressor is definitely an adorable pup. We’ve only known each other for a week, but I think it’s safe to say I’m totally in love.

Missy, Zach’s adorable adoptee, hails from the West Coast. She’s around six to eight months old (a true lady never tells!) According to Zach, “For a dog who never saw snow before, she absolutely LOVES it. She jumps around like a gazelle.” Missy’s grace and beauty is complemented by her love of all things pink. She’s also known to enjoy cuddling and a good nap!

So, ModReaders, please – tell us about the charming canine(s) in your life!

0 Responses to Giving Winston A Trot for His Money

1. Jennifer (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 1:07 pm #

Welcome to the team, Apollo and Missy!

2. Natalie B. (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 1:10 pm #

Too cute! :)

3. Kristin 03/02/2010 at 1:14 pm #

Is Apollo a rescue greyhound? He looks adorable!

4. Sarita 03/02/2010 at 1:26 pm #

My Sidney is a 13 year old Maltese. He has been my son since he was four months old.

I take him to my volunteer job, which is working for a union. There is a joke that he has signed his union card and he is our unofficial mascot.

Every day when I wake up to him at the foot of my bed, I realize that I love him more. How is possible not to love a dog more and more everyday?

5. Zach (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 1:57 pm #

Welcome to the team Apollo and Missy!! I love them both, but I am biased because one is mine and the other is too cute!

6. Christine (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 2:13 pm #

Welcome you two adorable pups! Ps. Missy is the best neighbor pup ever!!! :)

7. elizabeth bunner 03/02/2010 at 2:16 pm #

My 3-1/2 year old German Lab, Sudduth, is a true Mama’s boy! German Lab you say? I say if there’s room for Labradoodles in the canine naming scheme, then my mutt has a breed too! Sudduth is named after outside folk artist, Jimmy Lee Sudduth, who was known for his mud paintings using his fingers for brushes. We thought the name appropriate for our favorite muddy pup.

8. mar 03/02/2010 at 2:51 pm #

cute dogs!
    but i’m wondering… are there any
    modcats?

=^.^= meow!

9. Aire (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 3:23 pm #

I think it is such a nice thing you two did, rescuing these little adorable doggies. I love them both very much, and I so enjoy being Missy’s aunt!

10. Jessica M. 03/02/2010 at 4:21 pm #

My dog is a rescue as well…his name is Benny, he’s a king charles spaniel/border collie cross. He was going to be put down at the shelter because he is diabetic and the shelter wasn’t staffed 24 hours to be able to keep up with his insulin shots. Other then being diabetic he is well trained and such a loving companion…..

I also agree modcats :D my cat is a rescue too a tabby/siamese named Neo……full of spunk and personality

11. Jill 03/02/2010 at 4:24 pm #

I love how pro-canine Modcloth is. Dogs and fashion don’t go together often enough. :)

My fur-baby is a Bernese Mountain Dog named Snug. She comes from a farm in Quebec and was a shy, tiny puppy hiding in the corner… now she’s 80 lbs and loves camping, hiking, and swimming (not to mention cuddling and sleeping).

12. Linda 03/02/2010 at 5:14 pm #

my lovely sophie might mistake winston for her cousin– she’s a pug, too! she was adopted two years ago from a pug rescue group. they rescued her mom from a puppy mill, not realizing she was expecting again. sophie was the runt of the litter. i filled out an application for her, and out of many applicants, they picked me! she has blossomed into a spunky, lovable, huggable pug.

13. ashleylynnfry 03/02/2010 at 8:13 pm #

SO CUTE!! Look at those doe eyes- melts my heart! xoxo

14. Rae 03/02/2010 at 9:05 pm #

Ivy is my lovely pup! She was rescued by a news anchor on vacation scuba diving in Belize. They food poison a lot of dogs there. She brought her back but couldn’t keep her. But she did bring her to the salon one day when I was about 11 and I played with Ivy (at the time named Tika) for an hour outside. We had lost our beloved Lily (another mutt) 9 months back and being able to have fun with a dog again was great. Soon the great news anchor (Monica) asked my mom if we would like to have Ivy. It’s been 10 years now and Ivy is still with us. She looks like she is 1/3 whipit, 1/3 dalmatian, and 1/3 jack russell. She (and our cat Otis) are very, very loved. Welcome to ModCloth Apollo and Missy!!!

15. Angela 03/02/2010 at 9:34 pm #

My beloved pup is Dagwood. He’s a Lab/Pit bull mix who I adopted from the no kill animal shelter that used to work at. He and my lovely rescue cat Brooklyn, are my two best friends and true brothers at that! They love hanging out on my bed in the mornings and helping me pick out what I should wear that day.

16. Mary Kennedy 03/02/2010 at 9:52 pm #

I have a 6 year old Jack Russell girl named Jill (yeah, I know… not too creative with the name, but it really suits her!)

Every time a pic of Doofa Bouchette is posted, I think, oh MY! That looks so much like Jill! So one of these days I’m gonna get her pic and put it on Doofa’s page! ;)

17. Annie (ModCloth) 03/04/2010 at 4:29 pm #

Reading about all these dogs makes me wish I could meet them all in person. Thanks for sharing, you guys!

18. Christina 03/08/2010 at 1:55 pm #

Awwww. Italian Greyhounds make wonderful companions :). I want a rescued Iggy so badly.

19. Theresa (ModCloth) 07/08/2010 at 3:32 pm #