This is My Kind of Little Pony

When I happened upon this clip, I had only one word for it: magical. People may indignantly ask, “Didn’t you play with those ponies as a child? Doesn’t this sully your pristine memories of them?” Sure, I had a collection of My Little Ponies, and I cherished them, brushed their manes, and allowed them to gallop about the expanse of my bedroom floor. They’ll always hold a special place in my childhood. But that does not make the video above any less amazing.

There’s just one thing – is this a real show? Personally, the prop-kicking gave the impression that it was just a few folks having fun on a set, but anything’s possible! Do you gals ‘n’ guys know? I mean, I’m just curious, ’cause it’s not like I’d actually go buy tickets to a My Little Pony musical or anything… JK. I totes would.

0 Responses to This is My Kind of Little Pony

1. Julie (ModCloth) 03/02/2010 at 11:36 am #

Hahahahahah. I can’t believe you found this, and am more pleased to see that it has found its way onto the blog, for the rest of the world to see!

2. Emily B 03/02/2010 at 4:13 pm #

The video itself was just people playing around, I think, because the second song was from the musical Wicked. But who knows – they had to get the costumes from somewhere, and most people don’t just have My Little Pony costumes lying around.

3. Perrine 03/02/2010 at 5:04 pm #

so cute

4. Jackie 03/02/2010 at 5:11 pm #

Lol…this is awesome. I would totally go to a My Little Pony musical like this. I actually was a MLP for Halloween this year. I looked nothing like that though. =)

5. Jo 03/02/2010 at 6:03 pm #

Amazing, Ponies rock!!

6. steph 03/02/2010 at 11:46 pm #

There was ACTUALLY a tour of a “My Little Pony” Musical.
    however,
    -The first song in this video is from the musical “Dream Girls”
    -The second one is, indeed, “Defying Gravity” from “Wicked”

So I am not sure if when this was on tour they used these songs in satire of other currently touring musicals, or if they also had their own. As an inquisitive theatre major, I have also been trying to figure this show out for a bit ever since it started showing up in the status of every gay boy in my university’s theatre department. lol

7. Nola 03/03/2010 at 10:33 pm #

I cannot explain how… shocked and… SO HAPPY i am that this exists!!
    Was there really a My Little Pony Musical??? Where was I????
    GOD… JUST…. AMAZING!!

8. Lo 03/04/2010 at 1:18 am #

It is a musical, but I think this is just the actors having fun on the set.

9. Tracy J 03/04/2010 at 12:17 pm #

I loved My Little Ponies! Except I was always losing them.

I preferred my sit & spin; we had some great times together.

10. SarahB 03/07/2010 at 9:36 pm #

Yep – there was a musical THAT OPENED IN Wilkes-Barre!! Dang I would have driven to that. Looks like it’s over though – opened in 2008. Poo!

11. Natalie 03/12/2010 at 12:20 am #

Too amazing for words. Sooo cool