Gotcha by the Collar

Collars are like the research assistants of the garment world — often overlooked, and rarely given the credit they deserve. However, Lydia of the blog Style is Style used her savvy skills to create an ensemble that spotlights a can’t-miss-it collar, paying homage to this under-appreciated accent.

The fashionable foundation of Lydia’s look is formed by solid style staples: black patent Mary Janes, obsidian tights, a gold cardi, and bourbon-brown belt. These fab four stylishly support the true star of the show — the cutely collared and flowery frock! Although florals are flourishing in fashion right now, this gorgeous gal stands out from the posy-printed pack thanks to the bow-bedecked, wide white collar on her darling dress.

Check out The Sharon Jumper, About the Author Dress, Calpurnia Blouse, or Cute Clipper Dress, and you’re sure to find a cute collar that’ll make ‘em holler!

About Natalie

Natalie is a native Pittsburgher who enjoys dinner for breakfast, breakfast for dinner, and Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants any time. She thinks that a lady can never have too many pairs of boots. She is also a big believer in retail therapy. She'd like to take this opportunity to tell her mother that she thinks she's the most amazing woman ever. Asparagus is her favorite veggie. Green is her favorite color. And last, but not least, Winston holds a very special place in her heart.

0 Responses to Gotcha by the Collar

1. Elissa of Spandexpony 03/04/2010 at 8:18 pm #

I’ve always enjoyed her super colorful outfits… she’s so cute!!

2. lucy Laucht 03/05/2010 at 5:02 am #

Great outfit and love that collar! Must find a way of working some collars into my outfits!

3. Katie 03/05/2010 at 7:43 am #

She’s adorable! And the collar totally adds to the look. I’ve been debating the Sharon Jumper, but now I have a great idea for how to wear it!

4. Eliza 03/05/2010 at 9:08 am #

ModCloth, is anyone listening? I love your website and I would like to be able to wear your clothes, but at 5’7, all of your dresses are magically transformed into shirts. What about us taller ladies, Modcloth?

5. Jennifer (ModCloth) 03/05/2010 at 10:20 am #

I love the way collars like the one this lady is wearing automatically give garments a vintage-y feel!

6. ModCloth 03/05/2010 at 11:19 am #

Hi, Eliza!

We are listening! :) Just a few weeks ago, we launched this special dress category to address your dilemma: http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Long+Dresses+and+Skirts

7. Melanie Likes 03/07/2010 at 2:05 pm #

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LYDIA! She’s my style sister. ;)

MELANIELIKES.BLOGSPOT.COM

8. clothes 03/08/2010 at 12:42 am #

I really love the cute collar and flowery frock!

9. Arielle 03/08/2010 at 7:19 am #

I was checking out the items suggested & actually surprised to see sizes bigger than just a Large. PLEASE stock more bigger sizes in more items! Even an XL would be great. Us girls even with a bit of curve want to look fabulous! :)