Stuff We Miss Showdown: Vote for Your Favorite Boy Band!

Before groups like LFO and O-Town soiled the good name of “boy band” with their too-poppy-even-for-Richard Simmons music, the boy band was a sacred covenant – admitting only the best and brightest young talents of the 1990s. Boyz II Men, Blackstreet, All-4-One – laugh all you want, but 30 seconds into listening to their melodic tones and old school beats, you’ll be converted (and probably also swaying).

We’re excited to bring you our first Stuff We Miss Showdown! Today, we’re looking back at our favorite boy bands – but we couldn’t leave out the girls! Tomorrow, we’ll be reminiscing about the ladies we loved to pretend to be on the playground, and then on Monday, we’ll pit the top choices from both polls against each other in a battle royale!

Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to rate the ladies!

What group is your favorite, Modsters?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr
sarah

, , , , ,

0 Responses to Stuff We Miss Showdown: Vote for Your Favorite Boy Band!

1. Megan 03/18/2010 at 3:33 pm #

Thanks for the flashback! What a great way to get ready for work– I’ll be going in with a great big smile on my face!

I still can’t watch this video without thinking of Ryan Reynolds in the fat suit and braces in Just Friends :)

I loved All-4-One and Boys II Men, but *NSYNC was really where my boy band infatuation went full scale! Justin and those pretty curls, Lance and those pretty eyes! I still break out No Strings Attached and dance around my bedroom in my underwear, singing into my hairbrush every now and then :)

2. Angela (ModCloth) 03/18/2010 at 3:34 pm #

Boyz II Men was my first cassette tape <3

3. kdawg 03/18/2010 at 3:45 pm #

for realsies? nkotb, ftw. i need ‘cover girl’ on there.

4. Tracy J 03/18/2010 at 4:00 pm #

JT rocks; but where is 2gether? “U + ME = US” and “Say it, Don’t Spray it” were classics!

5. SusieR 03/18/2010 at 4:54 pm #

Team Boyz II Men & BlackStreet!!

6. Victoria 03/18/2010 at 4:57 pm #

Oh goodness I am started to feel old now. Too many young kids won’t know these other than maybe Backstreet Boys and N*Sync. I remember them all. I loved Blackstreet. Granted I wasn’t big on boy bands ever though. . I am suprised Hanson is not on this list since they actually play their music!!!

7. Natalie B (ModCloth) 03/18/2010 at 5:33 pm #

Alright, Boyz II Men have some classics, I’ll give them that, BUT – they got so sappy! I’m all about Blackstreet, ’cause I liked the way they worked it (no diggity).

8. Jackie 03/18/2010 at 7:25 pm #

What about 98 Degrees?? They were my favorite boyband back in the day. Although I did like a lot of songs from most of these bands. Ahhh the 90′s, I miss them so. =) I hope my favorite girl band will be on the list tomorrow. Hint: Spice up your life! ; )

9. Wella 03/18/2010 at 7:34 pm #

I was seriously singing Tearin’ Up My Heart not an hour ago. LOL at your telepathic skills, modcloth.

10. Kit 03/19/2010 at 1:18 am #

I’ll have to admitt that I’m not a fan of boy bands(sorry!)… in the 90s ( I’m probably going to make poeple feel old now :P)I was a little young to be crushing on guys… the 00s were my time :)

Oh and I’m so glad JT got rid of his weird curls!!

11. Tracy J 03/19/2010 at 7:46 am #

You’re right, Boyz II Men did get sappy, but nothing beats a good rendition of “Motown Philly”; especially the episode of Full House with Stephanie choreographing a dance to it.

12. Katie R. 03/19/2010 at 8:00 am #

This cannot happen. Backstreet Boys CANNOT win the poll! Seriously, guys?! At least Boyz II Men could harmonize and sing acapella and had (have?) raw talent! I second Susie R: Team Boyz II Men & Blackstreet!

13. Katie 03/19/2010 at 9:58 am #

Katie G. – I must admit, I never really listened to much music until about 03-04, but I do remember having a little “Hit Clips” thing with the Backstreet Boys “Girlfriend” on it. I would play it all the time on the school bus…

14. Shannon 03/19/2010 at 1:52 pm #

I still listen to “Candy Rain” and “Every Little Thing I Do” by Soul for Real. AND I remember when the performed on All That on Nickelodeon back in the day.

Though, my inner fangirl was unleashed with *NSYNC.

15. miss hiccup 03/19/2010 at 4:08 pm #

I’m casting a written vote for New Kids On the Block!

16. Hilary 03/19/2010 at 9:05 pm #

Loved Backstreet Boys. Though I think 5ive will always have a special place in my heart.