Stuff We Miss Showdown: Vote for Your Favorite Girl Band

One-third of my childhood was spent pretending to be a member of one of these mind-blowing girl bands. Totally inappropriate for a 12-year-old? Probably.  Totally awesome? Absolutely! From the empowering girl power exuded by En Vogue to the sultry sex appeal of TLC – oh, 90′s music, won’t you please come back to us?

If you missed our earlier boy bands post, make sure to vote for your favorite boys! And, don’t forget to come back on Monday when we crown the Ultimate 90s Band Favorite!

Think we missed a group? Sound off below!

sarah

, , , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to Stuff We Miss Showdown: Vote for Your Favorite Girl Band

1. Kristin 03/19/2010 at 3:25 pm #

What about Le Tigre? Or The Runaways? Chicks on Speed?

2. Katie 03/19/2010 at 4:08 pm #

Haha, to this day, every time I look at the clock when it says 7:02, I instantly start thinking “Where my girls at. From the front to back…”

(Though as Kristin is likely suggesting – I’d probably label that list “girl vocal groups” – I don’t know that any of those really constitute a band)

3. Natalie B. (ModCloth) 03/19/2010 at 4:57 pm #

I’m the 1% that voted for 702. “Where My Girls At” and “Steelo” are always in my heart. I can’t help but sing along to them!

4. Victoria / Justice Pirate 03/20/2010 at 10:35 am #

TLC . . I remember when their first album came out and my brother played it all the time. . .I actually enjoyed their spunkiness and unity. I just couldn’t get into any of the other ones even though I did try slightly with spice girls.

5. Mary 03/20/2010 at 1:40 pm #

Spice Girls? Seriously?

6. Amy 03/21/2010 at 7:55 am #

The Spice Girls are amazing! I saw them in the 90s. They were all so cool, I love that they are winning this poll!

7. Natasha (ModCloth) 03/22/2010 at 12:49 pm #

I seriously couldn’t decide between TLC, Destiny’s Child, and En Vogue.

But I want to say Destiny’s Child was late 90′s…and En Vogue was not as big as TLC. So I vote TLC!

8. Sophie 03/22/2010 at 4:25 pm #

Spice Girls for life!
    They are in their rightful place winning this poll.