Stuff We Miss Face-Off: BSB vs. Spice Girls

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

On Thursday, we rated the top boy band of the 90s. Friday, the girls took center stage. Now, the winners of each group have been chosen, and the task is upon us to decide the debate of the ages – who was the ultimate ruler of the 90′s pop music (or at least, the ruler of our hearts!)?

Will the Backstreet Boys take the top spot with their funny facial hair and smooth melodic voices? Or, will the Spice Girls reign supreme with their platform heels and girl power?

Only you can decide, ModFans!

sarah

, , , ,

0 Responses to Stuff We Miss Face-Off: BSB vs. Spice Girls

1. Annabelle 03/22/2010 at 9:29 pm #

I don’t have any need to “miss” the Backstreet Boys! They are on tour right now, and heading to the US! They are also starting to record ANOTHER album to follow This Is Us.

2. Indy 03/22/2010 at 9:45 pm #

Even though I never was really into either one, I remember all the girls being really into the Spice Girls with the Barbies and everything.

3. Hilary 03/23/2010 at 3:49 am #

Gotta be the Spice Girls. Was always more interested in their extreme fashion than the BSB’s ever changing facial hair.

4. Jennifer (ModCloth) 03/23/2010 at 7:01 am #

Ah, memories…this mashup is amazing.

5. Sophie 03/23/2010 at 8:54 am #

how can I choose!!
    hmm…
    I’m going to have to go with Spice Girls. BSB is still around, and the Spice Girls taught us essential lessons about girl power and how to get your hair to do crazy things. Plus, I was one of those girls who had her mom hunt down a Spice Girls barbie (Ginger!) Sorry BSB!

6. jill 03/23/2010 at 9:38 am #

i’m glad that the boyband/girlband/bubblegum era is OVER! it was painful in the 90′s before i discovered indie rock.

7. Sarita 03/23/2010 at 10:20 am #

I almost forgot how ridiculous the BSB were! Thank you, Modcloth! And this video made me remember how awesome the Spice Girls were!

8. Natasha (ModCloth) 03/23/2010 at 10:28 am #

Seriously, the BSB albums defined the 90′s for me.

9. Keaven Willa 03/23/2010 at 12:29 pm #

This is probably the hardest choice I’ll ever have to make. What an amazing mash up. Before the video I would have known my answer hands down, but after watching it, they’re both so amazing! Ack!

10. Stephanie 03/23/2010 at 1:04 pm #

BSB all the way! I still like them and am not ashamed to admit it haha. Nothing like jamming out to some sweet boyband music in the car. I liked the Spice Girls too, but looking back, BSB had a lot more quality songs.

11. Angela (ModCloth) 03/23/2010 at 2:38 pm #

Nothing beats ziga-zig-ahhhhh Girl Power!

12. Kirsten 03/23/2010 at 4:05 pm #

Oh it’s totally the Spice Girls. Don’t get me wrong I was a huge BSB fan when I was in 4th grade. I even saw them live in concert. But nothing, nothing compares to the power of the Spice Girls. Candy, Polaroid Cameras, Barbies and Barbies that sang! They where everywhere and still play a vital part of my itunes though I’ve moved out of the pop scene.BSB is just sad now, nearing their thirties and forties and still trying to sing the same stuff they sang in their teens and twenties. There is a reason that boy-bands died. They need to take a hint and revel in the fact that their 90′s icons.

13. Kimberly 03/23/2010 at 4:08 pm #

oh my i didnt realize that bsb was that cheesy back then. lol.

14. court 03/23/2010 at 4:12 pm #

Neither! ‘N Sync!

15. Emily 03/23/2010 at 4:54 pm #

SPICE GIRLS!! I still bop along to them on my ipod ( guilty pleasure). Makes me a happy camper.

BSB are still around anyway. Even if they maybe shouldn’t be.

16. Gina 03/23/2010 at 4:58 pm #

They are still around, and STILL rocking my world! Backstreet all the way! And Nick is hotter now than way back when!

17. Rachel 03/23/2010 at 6:41 pm #

BSB all the way! I loved them when I was younger! Spice Girls- not so much.

18. ria 03/23/2010 at 7:17 pm #

spice girls! ;)

19. amy 03/23/2010 at 10:07 pm #

SERIOUSLY? neither, ladies. way to make a girl feel old.

20. Jami 03/24/2010 at 4:35 pm #

BACKSTREET BOYS ALWAYS AND FOREVER!!!!

This April will be 17 years that they have been together!!!

KEEP THE BACKSTREET PRIDE ALIVE!

21. Ryan 03/24/2010 at 11:07 pm #

My favorite resale shop facebooked about the Spice Girls today. I think it was a sign.

22. April 03/25/2010 at 11:05 pm #

Best megamix ever!! Definitely the spice girls…I hated boy bands back in the day when I was in high school but I actually kinda like them now!

23. Casey 03/31/2010 at 11:10 am #

I saw the Backstreet Boys in concert when I was 9 and to be honest, Nsync was way better. However, the Spice Girls will always be the ruler of the 90s. Let’s face it, they had killer style and decent voices. I still listen to them, where as I haven’t heard a Backstreet Boy song in ages.