“Home,” I’ve Never Loved A Song Like You

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

BY CHRISTEN, WRITING TEAM INTERN

Let me tell you about one of the best days I can remember. A few months ago, three of my closest friends joined me in decorating my apartment’s white walls with washable crayons, and we tapped our toes with the music on shuffle as we drew. I’m telling you, the vibes were good – there was a chilly breeze sweeping through the window, there was original artwork being created, and we belted every song that came on, insisting each was our favorite. We really got into a groove.

So things went until the magical, uplifting moment when the song in the video above came out of the woodwork, a song that none of us had ever heard before. The beat sent a chill down each of our spines, we dropped our crayons, wide-eyed, and without saying a word we all sunk down to the floor and let Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros‘ “Home” serenade us into another world.

Since then, we’ve all been blasting this song everywhere we go, and we haven’t found one negative reaction yet! The video makes me lose the desire to shop at the mall or obsessively check Facebook on my phone. Instead, I want to run around in a field of grassy love and friendship and never leave.

What song has won your heart over?

, ,

0 Responses to “Home,” I’ve Never Loved A Song Like You

1. nina 03/24/2010 at 11:15 am #

Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show. I’ve only found one friend who doesn’t love it, even across continents. It’s lovely.

2. Ryan 03/24/2010 at 11:33 am #

If you haven’t heard this version, check it out. It’s quite pleasant – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJlU3r4IRaI

3. Jennifer (ModCloth) 03/24/2010 at 11:47 am #

Love this song! Awesome post, Christen!

4. Richard (ModCloth) 03/24/2010 at 12:13 pm #

Wow, it’s like a folky/gypsy western. Like I’m watching a Jodorowsky film. Great song. Why has this band been absent from my life until now?

5. Rebecca 03/24/2010 at 12:40 pm #

Phoenix’s “Lisztomania”: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJDNw7o6so

This version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZ1zV1l2KQ

6. Jen 03/24/2010 at 1:35 pm #

Deb Talan Rocks and Water. Its amazing, i listen to it non stop. I have to admit im loving this post!

7. cara 03/24/2010 at 2:21 pm #

The Avett Brother’s song At The Beach off thier albumn Mignonette. Love. It speaks to that dance in the sun, care free, smell of grass additute. Love.

8. murph 03/24/2010 at 2:51 pm #

“home” is one of my partner’s and my absolute favorite songs. no other song makes us smile more than it.

thanks for pushing this song into more people’s minds and hearts.

9. Lena 03/24/2010 at 6:17 pm #

omg thank you soooo much! i heard this song on the radio a couple of weeks ago and didn’t catch the name or the artist. squeeee i’m so happy!

10. Catherine 03/24/2010 at 6:46 pm #

“God Help the Girl” by God Help The Girl

it’s such a good song and makes me so very happy!

11. Kellie 03/24/2010 at 8:02 pm #

The first time I heard this song on the radio I thought of my fiance and how I do feel at “home” when I am with him. Now to cheer each other up when we are apart we text each other the lyrics :) (Cheesy hehe)

12. Clair 03/24/2010 at 8:37 pm #

Oh, I’ve loved this song ever since I heard it a few months back on the radio. :)

Other songs just as catchy and wonderful: “Long Distance Call” by Phoenix, “Lolita” & “Waving at the Shore” by Throw Me the Statue, and “Sweet Dreams, Sweet Cheeks” by Los Campesinos!.

13. Hilary 03/25/2010 at 10:49 am #

Love this song! The album is so peace, love and fairy floss. Just brightens me up when I listen to it.

Recently heard Vaudeville Smash’s ‘Hey’ the other day and have fallen in Love with it. Been trying to find an excuse to share it with ModCloth-ers, because the video is pretty cute.

14. Cassie 03/25/2010 at 10:58 am #

oh god, yeah me and my friend sam have been obsessed with this song for a few weeks now. it’s everywhere now!

15. Jill 03/25/2010 at 1:26 pm #

I ADORE this song! Thanks for posting.

16. Josie 03/25/2010 at 4:04 pm #

this is like my favorite band!! nice.

17. Alexa szotka 03/25/2010 at 5:37 pm #

I’ve been in love with this song since by brother showed it to me. I just love the part when they go jade, Alexander and he says when he fell in love with her :)
    Such a feel good vibe

18. Bri 03/25/2010 at 8:51 pm #

So, I listened to this song and thought “i heard this before…” so i was trying to look it up and see if it had been in ads on tv or something. But i figured it out! i searched my itunes, and I already own it! weird…
    i do love it. I love the 70s folk band thing it has going on, and I want to join them really bad. I will play the cow bell.

and recently I love “What have I done” by Anna Ternheim
    and Regina Spector.is pretty sick.

19. Sara 03/27/2010 at 1:53 pm #

I absolutely love this band, I thought hardly anyone else knew about them! Glad to hear I was wrong :)

20. Tesia 03/27/2010 at 3:18 pm #

I’ve loved this song since the first time I heard it. At my wedding on March 21st we played it as pictures of us from childhood untill now were shown on a projector. one of the best moments of my life.

Have you heared 40 day dream from them also great.

21. Cupcake 03/28/2010 at 1:52 pm #

I love this song, first time hearing it but it makes me want to hug everyone I love, thanks for such a great song, i feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;)

22. Alyse 03/28/2010 at 10:22 pm #

I love it!! Its more folk than country, which is a good thing cause i can’t really stand country.
    Its so odd…ive been feeling so homesick for the deserts of Texas (where i used to live) and Arizona (where i used to visit) the landscape makes me miss those deserts and dirt roads even more!

23. Sean 03/29/2010 at 7:12 pm #

I love this song! :)

24. Ali 03/29/2010 at 9:31 pm #

So happy I’ve been exposed to them! This is a great tune. Classic sounding, it’s hard to find old-fashioned, down home country folk songs anymore.

25. Starr Crow 04/07/2010 at 1:18 am #

aw… i actually have a great story about this song too! i

it was back in October and I was making a trip to see my extended family in Alabama. My b/f burned me a ton of MP3′s and told me not to listen to this song until I was on my way home.

As soon as I listened I was blown away. You see, I was born in Alabama and he was born in Arkansas, so when the song begins with “Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my Ma and Pa, but not as much as I do love you” I HAD CHILLS! My man did a good job with this one! :)