Listen to Your Art

On Tuesday, we showed you our favorite fashion-meets-art ensembles, so today, we’re featuring its arty musical equivalent! For its latest music video, French-American band Hold Your Horses! cheekily recreated famous paintings, with hilarious results.

(If you’re having trouble identifying some of the paintings, Flavorwire has listed out the video’s real-life counterparts.)

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

, ,

0 Responses to Listen to Your Art

1. Richard (ModCloth) 04/02/2010 at 1:39 pm #

Cool video. They sound to me like a combination of Modest Mouse and The Shins.

2. Julie 04/02/2010 at 2:37 pm #

Lol, pretty awesome video, I agree w/ Richard.

3. tiffany. 04/02/2010 at 4:16 pm #

well… that was fun!

xo.

4. steph 04/02/2010 at 9:59 pm #

i’m obsessed. as a huge art history dork this makes me more than happy. cute indy music and popular art need to make more crossovers. I almost want a more surrealist sequel with some Dali stuff? or wouldn’t it be ridiculous if they tried to make a pollack?!?? wow. i’m lame… :-)

5. kristar 04/02/2010 at 10:34 pm #

damn, what a creative music video!!! the song is pretty good too!

6. Hilary 04/03/2010 at 2:34 am #

What a cute video, and a fun way to discover a new band. It kind of reminds me of the ‘Hot Chip – Boy from School’ video. Not too sure why, making a picture of the band I guess.

7. Kit 04/03/2010 at 6:50 am #

Though I’m not a fan of there music, this video is the best I’ve seen in years!

8. Lydia 04/03/2010 at 12:57 pm #

gosh, that was the funniest and most creative video i have ever seen! i remember when i first saw ‘living art’ in this one episode of gilmore girls…this is even better …and with a great tune! wonderful pick!

9. Alyse 04/03/2010 at 10:24 pm #

Very happy to say i recognized and could most of the art! Brilliant and lovely music video and fun song! Even though i cant understand a word they say!

10. Alyse 04/04/2010 at 2:11 am #

***could name most of the art

11. Elizabeth 04/05/2010 at 9:17 pm #

What an awesome and clever video! I love art history, so I consequently had a lot of fun naming all of the artworks as they came up. Thanks for posting this!