Just You and I

Between ModCloth’s office and distribution center, there are probably enough Twin Peaks fans to fill the Double R Diner to capacity. I’m sure all of us would agree that part of this TV show’s magic was its emotive score that swelled with lush, ethereal compositions by long-time David Lynch collaborator, Angelo Badalamenti.  One of my favorite musical moments from this serial drama is the scene in which the love triangle of James, Donna, and Maddy gathers in a living room to work on writing a song. The result is this dreamy, reverb-laden, oldies-style tune that gets truncated by Donna’s storming off in jealousy.

What are your favorite music moments from TV? Let us know!

About Richard

Richard finds style inspiration in an assortment of historical figures, musicians, and movie characters, including Doc Holliday, Tracy Pew, Han Solo, and El Topo. When not tapping at the computer keyboard for ModCloth, Richard spends his time playing music and dreaming of composing the perfect soundtrack to an epic gothic western film set on a distant, dusty planet, where the cowboys ride rocket-powered motorcycles instead of horses.

, , ,

0 Responses to Just You and I

1. Lindsay (ModCloth) 04/06/2010 at 12:04 pm #

Twin Peaks had the most amazing soundtrack. I think you nailed it – that’s the best in my book!

2. Sam 04/06/2010 at 1:12 pm #

Twin Peaks is AMAZING! Their soundtrack was unbelievable! I also really love the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Joss Whedon is also kind of my hero).

3. c_tyler 04/06/2010 at 3:59 pm #

Eeeep (sound of joy) – I totally love Twin Peaks, though I totally could have done without the follow up movie (too far David Lynch). Nothing compares to that slow synthesizer intro …
    Other than that, I have to say I love the music on Lost (well the intro sound too – how did they get away with that?!).

4. Grace 04/07/2010 at 5:14 am #

I’ve never watched Twin Peaks, but I really need to get on that! Hopefully I will in the summer months…

Anyways, I’d have to agree with Sam and say that the “Once More With Feeling” episode on Buffy was my music fave! :D

5. Dee 04/07/2010 at 3:47 pm #

Oh, Twin Peaks. <3

6. Sophie 04/08/2010 at 5:53 am #

I think Twin Peaks might have been slightly before my time (although I have been on a serious 90s kick since discovering Chicago Hope!) I love the soundtrack to NBC’s “Chuck”, though. It is very upbeat and cool! It gives me an excuse to have Spoon on my I-pod without seeming like a total poser.

7. Jean 04/08/2010 at 10:43 am #

I love Twin Peaks in all its freaky David Lynch glory! The log lady, backwards-talking midgets, love triangles and twisted crimes. And let’s not forget Bob.

8. Jacqui 04/08/2010 at 11:48 am #

I <3 Twin Peaks! Last summer my roommates and I made it our summer series. Watched it from beginning to end, followed by the movie. A-mazing.

9. Simo 04/10/2010 at 7:54 pm #

the song is very beautiful.

10. AshaB 04/11/2010 at 8:37 am #

Ahh I just found your blog and you’ve won me over with this post! Twin Peaks is the jam fr!

11. Mary 04/22/2010 at 4:16 pm #

I’m just getting into “TP” because I was too young to watch it when it first aired. I’ve just put the first season on my itouch. I’m excited to finally see what all the fuss is about.