Take a Behind the Scenes Walking Tour!

The Design Team gears up for the shoot

The ModCloth design team gears up for the shoot

I was lucky enough to see the shoot for ModCloth’s latest stylebook, “Walking Tour,” firsthand in Pittsburgh’s North Side, and I’m excited to share some sneak peeks!

Shot partly in the historic Mexican War Streets and at the Caribbean-inspired bed and breakfast, The Parador Inn, “Walking Tour” features some of the most beautiful backdrops in ModCloth’s hometown paired with our newest spring looks.

Believe it or not, the regal porch you see above is actually the  Community College of Allegheny County’s main campus! Setting the scene with our elegantly dressed model, Lauren, the Photo Team had a knack with drawing out the beauty of the urban campus as the warm sun brought up tulip buds all around us.

The looks above and below were shot at the North Side’s paradise, the Parador Inn. Ed, the friendly proprietor, graciously showed me around the tropical flower-themed rooms decorated in rich mahogany antiques and shades of Key West. The charming bed and breakfast is quite an escape from the Steel City and complimented the saturated  pastels of this season’s palette.

Exploring the 1860s mansion, I began to plan a getaway in my head. Wearing one of “Walking Tour’s” many alluring dresses in the sandy courtyard, I couldn’t help but envision a weekend retreat for me and my best girlfriends.

This is definitely one of my favorite ModCloth stylebooks. I love the artistic use of this season’s rich, refreshing colors and the sweetly feminine looks combined with Pittsburgh’s finest Victorian red brick homes and its jewel of a B&B.

What are you hoping for in Spring styles?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, ,

0 Responses to Take a Behind the Scenes Walking Tour!

1. Turi (ModCloth) 04/19/2010 at 11:09 am #

I’m so excited to see this stylebook!

2. Aire (ModCloth) 04/19/2010 at 12:43 pm #

Ohhhhh I love the Mexican war streets!! What a peeeeerfect location for a stylebook!!! :) Can’t wait to see another amazing outcome!

3. Jill 04/19/2010 at 12:50 pm #

i’m very excited to see some new shapes and feminine details! fashion is getting girlier and girlier — so much fun after the androgynous and grungy nineties!

4. Maria 04/19/2010 at 1:04 pm #

I love the behind the scenes photos. Can’t wait to see the style book.

5. Kate (ModCloth) 04/19/2010 at 10:13 pm #

I’m really looking forward to seeing this stylebook! My wedding was at the Parador Inn – almost exactly 3 years ago! (April 21, 2007) Ed was absolutely wonderful – the whole weekend was practically perfect in every way!

6. Katie 04/19/2010 at 10:48 pm #

Could not have picked a better place to photograph spring clothes than the Mexican War Streets…I work near-ish to there and love to drive past the houses…looking forward to this stylebook!

7. jodi 04/20/2010 at 11:52 am #

i miss my troy hill apartment (and pittsburgh)!

great location.

8. Justine 04/20/2010 at 12:23 pm #

I love using college and university campuses as sets for outdoor photo shoots. They usually have very beautiful landscaping work. I did a mini shoot at York University’s Glendon Campus about a month ago: http://www.tinytines.com/1143

9. Angela (ModCloth) 04/20/2010 at 2:39 pm #

@ Justine- Your photos are really lovely and the location really does work well for those shots!

10. ed menzer 04/20/2010 at 3:07 pm #

Kate,
    Small world, thanx so much for the kind words. I do enjoy hosting the weddings, lots of work and lots of fun. Speaking of fun, what a nice bunch of professionals ModCloth is, great people to work with.
    ed

11. Patty 04/20/2010 at 8:10 pm #

I absolutely love the way you guys designed the stylebook layout this time, it’s so much easier to look through the outfits!

12. Mary 04/21/2010 at 11:16 am #

Patty, are u serious? I find it so hard to navigate, it took me forever to find How to view and switch outfits. Great images and styles but way too complicated to see…