When you’re young, you dream big. I wanted to own a candy shop and be “someone who owns horses.” My younger sister wanted to be a mermaid. Since nothing is more endearing than little tyke tidbits, this week, we’re bringing you the top 10 things ModCloth Employees wanted to be when they grew up.
10. Danielle, Lead Photographer: “I wanted to be a shark trainer – and still want to be a shark photographer!”
9. Zach, Advertising Creative Specialist: “I wanted to be veterinarian.”
8. Barb, Staff Accountant: “OK, I’m really sad and pathetic. I wanted to be a banker or do something with money. Guess what? I’m an accountant! Go figure.”
7. Saad, User Experience Designer: “I wanted to be an artist when I was younger. That kinda-sorta worked out.”
6. Jackie, Customer Care Post-Sales Associate: “I wanted to be an archaeologist!”
5. Natasha, Social Networking Coordinator: “I wanted to be a news broadcaster, because I was a huge fan of the Ninja Turtles and wanted to be just like April.”
4. Aire, Traditional Media Coordinator: “I wanted to be a hockey player.”
3. Natalie, Graphic Designer: “This is going to sound weird, but I told my parents that I wanted to be a boy when I grew up! I loved my daddy so much and thought he was the best, so I wanted to be just like him. I just don’t think I knew what exactly that entailed!”
2. Braiden, Customer Care Team Lead: “At various points, I wanted to be a Lego designer, line cook, man of leisure, National Geographic photographer, and woodworker to the stars. Oh, and this isn’t a profession, but I remember really wanting smaller ears.”
1. Kate, Advertising Coordinator: “When I was little, I wanted to be Olivia Newton-John! I [used to] make mad dance moves to ‘Let’s Get Physical,’ and when I was older, recreated the end scene to Grease, including the perm and fancy black leotard outfit.”
What did you dream of doing when you were a wee one?