Itchin’ to Get Out of the Kitchen!

BY CHRISTEN, WRITING TEAM INTERN

Who: Emilie Foley

What:
Vintage apron

Where:
Wexford General Store Antique

How Much:
$5

When I Use It:
When I’m feeling a little old school, like a ’50s housewife. It is also paired perfectly with a bold shade of lipstick and a cute pair of heels or flats.

Shopping Tips: You don’t need to wear pieces conventionally. For instance, an apron like this can be worn outside the kitchen to liven up a simple dress. Never be afraid to have fun with your everyday style.

Attention Blog Readers! We know you are the most clever and most stylish bunch on the web, and we’d love to feature you on future Favorite Find Posts! Please email us (favfinds@modcloth.com) a picture of you with one of your favorite shopping finds (a piece of furniture, a hard-to-find record, the perfect vintage boots, or any other treasure) and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips. We can’t wait to see all the cool items you’ve discovered!

0 Responses to Itchin’ to Get Out of the Kitchen!

1. Ashley 04/26/2010 at 10:30 pm #

Such a cute apron.
    It actually mingles really well with her outfit.
    It looks like it was already constructed that way.

2. didi 04/27/2010 at 3:12 pm #

No! It’s cute for the kitchen, but do NOT wear it out of the house unless you tie it around your neck for a crab, lobster or spaghetti feed.

3. Anna 04/27/2010 at 3:12 pm #

Not a fan.

4. Sarah 04/27/2010 at 3:16 pm #

I love it! I have a weird thing for aprons.
    I think, depending on the dress, aprons look really cute. And this is one of those dresses. :)

5. LisaG 04/27/2010 at 3:41 pm #

That just looks odd. I’m all for mixing it up – but I’m not sure where on earth you would wear that outfit aside from the kitchen…

6. Molly 04/27/2010 at 6:40 pm #

I’m trying to send a submission of my own to the email address linked here…but it keeps getting sent back to me. Is there perhaps an alternative address to send it to?

7. Alexa 04/28/2010 at 10:26 am #

I actually wanted to do the same thing about a year back. I stumbled upon this incredible stock of vintage aprons and wanted a place to wear them. I actually took one and stitched it to the front of a super plain dress and took some of the excess ribbon from behind and attached a bowtie to the front, to tie it all together.

8. Julie (ModCloth) 04/28/2010 at 10:27 am #

Hi, Molly!

Sorry to hear that your favfinds submission wasn’t working with the provided email address. I am looking in to the problem, and think that it might be a case that the email address listed on the blog post “favfinds@modcloth.com” is different than what comes up in the email client,
    which is “favfind@modcloth.com”. I’m not positive which is correct, so when it is sorted out, I’ll post a follow-up to this post, to let everyone know what the correct email is.

Thanks for your help!