A Stylish Spectacle

Dating back to 3rd grade when I memorized the eye chart to cover up my worsening vision, I’ve avoided wearing glasses. Now that I’ve seen style like Deren’s, however, I might change my mindset. The gusto this recent CMU grad shows in sporting her unusual frames makes me want to snag some sassy specs of my own!

Do you own a great pair of glasses? What do they look like?

About Hannah

"Q: Where do cantaloupes go for the summer? A: John Cougar Mellon Camp!" From that joke you can surmise a few things about Hannah -- she loves a good pun, she delights in irreverence, and red peppers are her vegetable of choice. How does one figure out Hannah loves red peppers from that joke? Hmm, that's top secret. Hannah also adores outdoor activities, arts & crafts, reading, and being abroad.

0 Responses to A Stylish Spectacle

1. Emily 04/29/2010 at 12:46 pm #

I just bought a pair of sassy Dior frames, which cost my insurance company a fortune :)

2. Christen (ModCloth) 04/29/2010 at 1:05 pm #

Ooh! And I like the little fringe things sticking out from her scarf. Cute, cute, cute.

3. C 04/29/2010 at 1:45 pm #

I wear prodesigns, and I love them so much I almost never wear contacts. They’re brown with extremely subtle blue right around the rims to bring out my eyes.

4. Kayla 04/29/2010 at 2:17 pm #

I got tired of my old glasses. The new ones I bought have lace design around the rim. I tried contacts but I can’t stand them. They dry my eyes out big time

5. Sarz 04/29/2010 at 3:44 pm #

I just brought a pair of vintage cat’s eye frames to the optometrist to have lenses put in. I can’t wait to get them back! :D

6. brenna 04/29/2010 at 5:11 pm #

I found a pair of burberry frames at costco! they’re the classic plaid and semi-transparent. fantastic!

7. Melanie 04/29/2010 at 6:21 pm #

My glasses are pink, plastic, cat-eyed and have pink jewels on the sides. I got them when i was 15 years old (i’m 30 now) and i still wear them often. One of my all-time favorite purchases. :)

8. Ashley 04/29/2010 at 8:57 pm #

My favorite pair of glasses that I own are these frames shaped in the shape of a heart.
    I’ve seen many people with them but I absolutely LOVE them. They’re fun and funky!

9. Katharine Ellis Tapley 04/30/2010 at 7:22 am #

When my son destroyed my old reading glasses, I had to get a new pair. The shape of the frames is pretty traditional…but they’re purple. I like the old style in bright colors.

10. Kenzie 04/30/2010 at 1:16 pm #

I have a great pair of Axel S. black frames (fairly traditional) however the etched a blue line into the frames and etched horizontal lines…. hard to explain but oh so fabulous.