A Stylish Spectacle

Dating back to 3rd grade when I memorized the eye chart to cover up my worsening vision, I’ve avoided wearing glasses. Now that I’ve seen style like Deren’s, however, I might change my mindset. The gusto this recent CMU grad shows in sporting her unusual frames makes me want to snag some sassy specs of my own!

Do you own a great pair of glasses? What do they look like?

0 Responses to A Stylish Spectacle

1. Emily 04/29/2010 at 12:46 pm #

I just bought a pair of sassy Dior frames, which cost my insurance company a fortune :)

2. Christen (ModCloth) 04/29/2010 at 1:05 pm #

Ooh! And I like the little fringe things sticking out from her scarf. Cute, cute, cute.

3. C 04/29/2010 at 1:45 pm #

I wear prodesigns, and I love them so much I almost never wear contacts. They’re brown with extremely subtle blue right around the rims to bring out my eyes.

4. Kayla 04/29/2010 at 2:17 pm #

I got tired of my old glasses. The new ones I bought have lace design around the rim. I tried contacts but I can’t stand them. They dry my eyes out big time

5. Sarz 04/29/2010 at 3:44 pm #

I just brought a pair of vintage cat’s eye frames to the optometrist to have lenses put in. I can’t wait to get them back! :D

6. brenna 04/29/2010 at 5:11 pm #

I found a pair of burberry frames at costco! they’re the classic plaid and semi-transparent. fantastic!

7. Melanie 04/29/2010 at 6:21 pm #

My glasses are pink, plastic, cat-eyed and have pink jewels on the sides. I got them when i was 15 years old (i’m 30 now) and i still wear them often. One of my all-time favorite purchases. :)

8. Ashley 04/29/2010 at 8:57 pm #

My favorite pair of glasses that I own are these frames shaped in the shape of a heart.
    I’ve seen many people with them but I absolutely LOVE them. They’re fun and funky!

9. Katharine Ellis Tapley 04/30/2010 at 7:22 am #

When my son destroyed my old reading glasses, I had to get a new pair. The shape of the frames is pretty traditional…but they’re purple. I like the old style in bright colors.

10. Kenzie 04/30/2010 at 1:16 pm #

I have a great pair of Axel S. black frames (fairly traditional) however the etched a blue line into the frames and etched horizontal lines…. hard to explain but oh so fabulous.