Sew ‘Burda’ Stylish

For those of you craving an online DIY forum, Burda Style may be just the site to stir your creativity! The online sewing community is a hub for sewing enthusiasts to chat on message boards, read sewing tips, post sewing patterns, and get free or low priced patterns in both regular and plus sizes.

There’s a ton of fantastic patterns and projects to seek inspiration from, including these amazing tights and this cute organizer. Users of Burda Style can also post photos of themselves modeling their finished projects, many of which are variations on the basic pattern. Check out my final project on Burda Style!

Do you belong to any other online DIY communities we should know about?

About Angela

Someday, Angela will be tending to her sheep, llamas and alpacas on the “Yarn Farm” and raising award winning honey bees. Until then, the native Pittsburgher is enjoying all things related to knitting, her cats, Mr. Spock, red lipstick, and creativity. Writing is her first true love.

, , ,

0 Responses to Sew ‘Burda’ Stylish

1. Grace 04/29/2010 at 2:30 pm #

I love DIY! :D My favorites are threadbanger.com and ravelry.com! Cool post. :)

2. Leslie 04/29/2010 at 2:56 pm #

I was just looking for a site like this earlier today! Thanks, Modcloth, for always finding the coolest stuff!

3. annelise 04/29/2010 at 4:46 pm #

I just spent an hour at work browsing through threadbanger and burdastyle! Good for my well-being, bad for my productivity.

4. Natasha (ModCloth) 04/29/2010 at 6:30 pm #

So cute!

Thanks for sharing.

5. Sophie 04/29/2010 at 10:10 pm #

ooh yay!
    I just got a sewing machine and so I’ve been looking for sites like this :)
    thanks!

6. Becky 04/30/2010 at 8:15 am #

I love BurdaStyle– I’ve been sewing my own clothes since I was a kid, and have been a member on there since way before I knew about ModCloth! And I absolutely love that, as a clothing store, you’re endorsing the DIY side of it!