It’s common knowledge that casseroles were king in the 50s, and fondue was a favorite in the 70s, but what else did people make back then? This week’s Top 10 takes a dive into dusty old cookbooks to find out!
10. Applesauce Loaves. Sure to be adored by everyone from the local Pink Ladies to your neighbor, Granny Smith.
9. Pork with Spaghetti. May sound normal, but look at the image.
8. Sweet ‘Tater Stuffed Pork Chops. A beloved recipe from the “National Live Stock and Meat Board.”
7. Mushroom Noodle Ring. I think most people have said ‘pasta’ la vista to this recipe.
6. Cheeseburger Pie. ‘Meat’ one heck of a hearty meal.
5. Tuna Stuffed Eggs. This 1961 recipe makes deviled eggs look angelic.
4. Tongue in Aspic. A recipe like this might leave you at a loss for words.
3. Savory Swiss Roll. The height of appetizing ideas.
2. Pickles in a Poke. Well, it all goes to the same place.
1. Bananas Hollandaise. This dish is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Are there any vintage recipes that you love? Or, which of the above recipes sounds most delicious to you?