Outfit of the Week: Denim Revival

I’ll admit, when I discovered head-to-toe denim was on this spring’s fashion forecast, I panicked. I’m wary of wearing multiple denim pieces at once. Sporting this denim, tie-dye-inspired dress by Olga de Polga seemed to me a safer — but equally stylish — way to embrace the season’s trend! This number’s jean material seamlessly balances its formal, strapless cut, rendering it an appropriate choice for everyday wear.

When it came time to add footwear (i.e., the best part), this pair of  strappy, pin-up style wedges was an effortless choice. The red detailing and wicker bows on these sassy shoes then led me to select a red, bow-bedecked headband updated with gold-toned grommets and a rocker-chic chain embellishment.

What do you think, ModLovers? Is this season’s denim revival delightfully daring, or just plain disastrous?

In this outfit: I Am a Frock, I Am an Island, Second That Notion Heel, Red Bow Bright Headband, Madame Bovary Ring in White, Polly Locket Necklace.

About ModCloth

, , , ,

0 Responses to Outfit of the Week: Denim Revival

1. Natalie B. (ModCloth) 05/07/2010 at 3:04 pm #

Someone’s looking sassy! Adorbs. :)

2. Annie (ModCloth) 05/07/2010 at 3:05 pm #

Ahh, Jen, I’m speechless! You look lovely! I especially love the pops of red – you even thought to coordinate your nail polish. Amazing:)

3. Laura 05/07/2010 at 3:33 pm #

Oh, wow! I didn’t even realize that dress was denim. It’s darling. If it’s going to look like that, I’m all for denim; otherwise, I’ll probably skip this particular trend!

4. Elise 05/07/2010 at 3:37 pm #

Ewww denim. This dress is adorable, but in general… I don’t see it being an enduring trend. Definitely not worthy buying new pieces. I’m so much more inclined to splurge on some classy nautical pieces.

5. Christen 05/08/2010 at 12:12 pm #

yay, love it! you look GREAT! :)

6. Richard (ModCloth) 05/08/2010 at 2:30 pm #

I am a fan of denim. I have been known to wear a denim jacket with jeans. It just makes me feel like a cowboy. So, I have no qualms with the denim trend.

7. Sophie 05/08/2010 at 4:25 pm #

That outfit is cute! but it does not sell me on head to toe denim. I think if you’re going for cowboy it’ll work, but I’m not going to be jumping on that bandwagon.

8. Aire (ModCloth) 05/11/2010 at 1:38 pm #

Jen! You look adorable!! I love denim in any shape or form!!!