Boho-Beach Chic? Full Speed Ahead, We Say!

Faux fur at the sea? And boots, too? You’d think this sounds like a sartorial shipwreck just waiting to happen, but blogger Christina of Trop Rouge pulls off this daring dockside look with enviable ease. I love the ’60s funk of her shaggy vest and persimmon button-down, and her casual white dress, cognac boots, and Nineties-tastic ruffled socks. Definitely saving this photo as inspiration for my next beach vacation!

What do you think? Is boho-beach chic a fashion “do,” or “don’t”?

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

0 Responses to Boho-Beach Chic? Full Speed Ahead, We Say!

1. jill 05/14/2010 at 1:48 pm #

Adorable! This looks like a photo from 60′s surfer movies.

2. Kristina 05/14/2010 at 2:30 pm #

Just because you on on the coast, doesn’t mean it’s sandal weather.

3. Callie 05/14/2010 at 3:25 pm #

I LOVE THIS.

4. Style with Benefits 05/14/2010 at 3:42 pm #

Omg, so adorable. I love the whole look, esp. her socks!

A definite DO!

5. Amanda 05/14/2010 at 3:45 pm #

I love her socks!

6. Jesslyn 05/14/2010 at 5:42 pm #

amazing.
    just amazing.

-Jesslyn Alice <33

7. Laura 05/15/2010 at 12:13 am #

Not sure how practical it is, but who cares? It’s an adorable look :D

8. Susan 05/15/2010 at 9:40 am #

so cute! i think the thing to remember about dressing for the beach is not all beaches are bikini practical. i’ve been in scotland for the past five months, and although they have some of the most beautiful beaches here (think St. Andrews) there’s not way I would attempt frolicking across the sand without some serious layers.its just too cold.

9. Sophie 05/15/2010 at 3:35 pm #

cute! I think that the bare legs keep the beachyness of it. This could work on a cool day by the ocean :)

10. Jesslyn 05/16/2010 at 12:07 am #

i am staying at my grandmother’s beachhouse for the weekend, i tried this look buy wearing my swimsuit, a cotton dress, and her vintage fur vest and vintage ankle boots down to the beach. i had girls looking at me with envy and boys looking at me with desire all day long, thanks! :)

xoxo,
    Jesslyn Alice<33

11. Katharine Ellis Tapley 05/17/2010 at 1:19 am #

I’m not sure about the boots for the beach, but everything else is fantastic!