Outfit of the Week: Putting A Spring In My Step

Spring is in the air, and I’m jumping for joy! Picking out dresses for outdoor parties, gallery crawls, and baseball games at Pittsburgh’s PNC Park is one of my favorite warm weather activities. So, for this Outfit of the Week, I decided to put together an ensemble perfect for any occasion. I started with the Art Exhibition Dress for its fun boho feel, then added the Motley Shoes (They match everything!) and dramatic accessories like the Buon Giorno Scarf in Toscana and the Superhero’s Night Out Cuff to make sure I didn’t blend in. I finished my look off with the Fashion Fractal Hat for a touch of old Hollywood style, along with the Shutter Speed Bag to make sure the flashbulbs never stop! Voilà! Spring-ready in an instant.

What is your idea of the perfect spring party outfit?

In this outfit: Art Exhibition Dress, Motley Shoes, Buon Giorno Scarf in Toscana, Superhero’s Night Out Cuff , Fashion Fractal Hat, Shutter Speed Bag

0 Responses to Outfit of the Week: Putting A Spring In My Step

1. Amanda 05/20/2010 at 11:34 am #

I just wish that purse wasn’t $300. Outrageous :-(

2. Kiersten 05/20/2010 at 11:47 am #

I love the scarf and that bag is genius.

3. robin charlotte humphrey 05/20/2010 at 11:57 am #

i love the tights! I am obsessed with lace tights right now!

4. Alison Rowley 05/20/2010 at 12:14 pm #

My Spring time outfit would have consisted of:

How Green Was My Dress
    Bark Up the Right Shoe
    Switching Gears Tote
    Sneak Peek Sunglasses

But $136.98 plus shipping, which would put it at: $143.98, which is almost $150.00 bux is so ridiculous for the little things I would have bought had my total not been so large! But Spring is basically OVER…You can see for yourself the things I would have bought weren’t worth what they were priced at. The dress itself was almost $50.00! It’s so lovable! But the price tag attached is unbelievable. Modcloth, rethink your prices.

5. Alison Rowley 05/20/2010 at 12:21 pm #

Also, the dress would be wonderful for summer…little sundresses, loose shorts, rompers, are the only thing I get caught wearing in the Summer, if I can find any. And I have found quite a few beautiful, cute pretty little dresses and clothes on here that would be perfect if it weren’t for their prices! I would still buy this outfit, if it would go on-sale. Everything I listed should have $20.00 bux taken off of the price!

6. Jacky 05/20/2010 at 12:45 pm #

love this look except I think the dress would be cuter if it were 5 inches shorter.

& I agree some of the prices are a bit steep. I love your Seychelles Mademoiselle boots, I want to buy one of your last pairs of 7s, but $193 is atrocious.

7. emmy-ray 05/20/2010 at 1:09 pm #

Love the scarf. I’ve seen some similar ones at boutiques around Kansas City. Thinking that i need one now.

8. Iva 05/20/2010 at 4:51 pm #

I love the tights and scarf!

9. Renee 05/20/2010 at 10:48 pm #

I have to agree with the above.
    I absolutely love modcloth clothes, I would buy my whole wardrobe from you if I could!
    That being said, though, I will never buy anything from the site unless it is on sale. And a lot of times, probably not even then.
    I’m sorry, but your prices are just ridiculous. It seems like everything starts at $50.
    Please re-think these! Especially in this economy!

10. constance 05/21/2010 at 1:11 am #

this is the first time i’ve seen the fashion fractal hat look really lovely. the model obviously believes in the look. i’m with my moddy-sisters in terms of the prices, however. please! i want to be able to buy some of these lovely looks.

11. Mousevox Vintage 05/21/2010 at 1:29 am #

Oooh. That scarf needs to be on my modcloth wishlist.

12. Imogen 05/21/2010 at 12:15 pm #

Love the outfit and the mix of textures/paterns. My perfect spring outfit would consist of:

The Zoologist dress
    Floral undertones wegde
    Greatest show on earth necklace
    I’m kind of a big deal bag
    and the English countryside blazer incase it gets a bit chilly^^

I do agree with the others though, the whole outfit is waaaaay out of my price range and some of the items dont deserve the price tag. Still I understand that coming from small indie designers they need to make a large profit from small stock to keep creating such pretty items^^ So I cant complain