Remember when you were little, and you used to learn all these silly, sweet songs? Well, whatever happened to Old McDonald? Where have the wheels on the bus rolled to these days? Are you still a little teapot? Yeah, I see you smiling – these songs were once joy incarnate, right? That’s why we decided to remind you of them with today’s Top 10!
10. “The Ants Go Marching.” Whoever knew ants were so talented? According to this song, they can tie shoes, shut doors, and more. Hurrah, hurrah for ants!
9. “Down by the Bay.” This tune was great, because we could fill it in with our own version of exactly what craziness was happening aside the bay.
8. “Bicycle Built for Two.” We’re not half crazy for this song, we’re wholeheartedly nuts for it!
7. “If All the Raindrops.” Raining sweets? When we were kids (and we’ll confess – it holds true even now), these lyrics were a dream come true.
6. “FrÃ¨re Jacques.” A great early effort at being bilingual, this song never put us to sleep.
5. “Baby Beluga.” I think you know what comment is coming: Singing this was always a whale of a good time!
4. “Oh! Susanna.” Well-weathered paradoxes, banjos, and a great tune – no wonder we couldn’t stop bellowing this song.
3. “You Are My Sunshine.” This musical marvel will never know how much we love it.
2. “SeÃ±or Don Gato.” If you don’t know this lesser-known masterpiece, look it up to be the coolest cat in town!
1. “On Top of Spaghetti.” An educative number that taught us the perils of sneezing near meatballs.
What was your favorite tune as a tyke?