If you’re in search for a cool summer recipe that doesn’t require hours in a hot kitchen, let me introduce you to raw cooking site Gone Raw, a vegan recipe bazaar for raw, vegan foodies around the world to both share and discuss their daily, and favorite natural, fresh concoctions. Get the inside scoop on how to make your own raw Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad, by following me into the ModKitchen!
- 3 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked and cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, or basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Husk, and cut corn from the cob, removing as many silks as possible
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Serve immediately or allow to marinate (Salad is even better the next day!)
Well, ModCooks, that’s it! Less than 10 ingredients, and only three steps to make a dish for your next cookout, or dinner party — how easy is that? Do you envision yourself becoming a kitchen ‘raw’kstar?