Since today’s Name It and Win It: Roadtrip Edition features New York City, we’re ‘boroughed’ in thoughts of this smashing city! We knew we’d never sleep until we talked a bit more about the Big Apple, so for this week’s Top 10, we decided to feature our favorite NYC-based TV shows!
10. All in the Family. A family comedy that addressed controversial topics previously unconsidered unfit for TV series topics.
9. How I Met Your Mother. A comedy with the tagline, “A love story in reverse.”
8. The Cosby Show. Loads of family fun with a funny family.
7. The Odd Couple. Two men. One Apartment. Endless hilarity.
6. Welcome Back, Kotter. This show about a teacher is worth watching just for the fun ’70s costumes!
5. Seinfeld. A familiar favorite that celebrates the eccentricities of everyday life.
4. 30 Rock. A show that makes us want to go to there. (New York, that is.)
3. Friends. From Phoebe’s guitar serenades to Chandler’s sarcasm, Friends never fails to be funny.
2. Mad Men. A dramatic series about an 1960s ad agency in NYC — but you probably knew that already!
1. I Love Lucy. Possibly the most well-loved ’50s-era shows of all time! Lucy and the crew eventually move to Westport, Connecticut in season 6… not that it stops them from causing trouble in NYC. Oh, Lucy!