Outfit of the Week: Into the Wild

Today’s the Anchorage-themed day of Name It and Win It and, fittingly, I’ll soon be headed to Alaska to attend an outdoor wedding in Homer, a beautiful fishing town about four hours south of Anchorage. I planned this outfit as an example of something I might wear to the wedding.

I fell in love with the Little Bow Chic Dress, with its matching belt and crisscrossed back, and paired it with the incredibly comfortable Jeffrey Campbell Sherwood Forest Heels. I seriously feel like I could hike a mountain in these shoes! I went tromping over to this ivy-covered wall with ModLife’s photographer, Andy, and promptly proposed I climb on a pile of rubble (He suggested I stick to the pretty green backdrop.)

I love the Heidi braids I’ve been seeing everywhere this season and think they’re the perfect solution for keeping cool. Since I’m really pale (as you can see) and sunburn easily, I picked the Gal Capone Hat to avoid a sunburn. And at every wedding, you want to carry the essentials without dragging around a huge bag, so The Jackie Bag was the perfect size purse for the occasion. I accessorized with the Baracus Bracelet and, as a nod to the Alaska wildlife, I donned the Wear Wolf Necklace!

What are your travel plans for the summer? Any destinations that have inspired you to plan an outfit in advance? Sometimes I dream up outfits I’ll wear to places I may never even get to go. Do you?

About Turi

Turi likes trying exotic food, exploring new places and, of course, writing. When she's not writing for ModCloth, she's working on a novel (aren't we all?!) and finishing up her MFA in fiction writing at the University of Pittsburgh.

12 Responses to Outfit of the Week: Into the Wild

1. Tieka, Selective Potential 06/11/2010 at 3:21 pm #

Turi, you look AMAZING! I lovee the bow print dress with those JC heels! Perfection! xo

2. Richard (ModCloth) 06/11/2010 at 3:34 pm #

The ever-awesome Turi shines again!

3. Aire (ModCloth) 06/11/2010 at 3:38 pm #

I love this outfit!! I think your hair style totally completes the look!!!

4. Angela (ModCloth) 06/11/2010 at 4:12 pm #

You go Turi! I can’t wait to get the Gal Capone Hat for myself!

5. patricia nagourney 06/11/2010 at 9:14 pm #

Turi,
    What wholesome delight. You are certain to enjoy yourself down on the Kenai Peninsula.
    ox

6. Gabriela 06/12/2010 at 12:57 pm #

Those heels and clutch are adorable! Great combination of elements.

Sadly, I missed the Name It deadline for the June 11th posting. It would have been Peel into a Fireweed Frenzy dress! While the plant itself is a hot pink, it is native to and brings a pop of color to the Alaskan landscape.

7. ana 06/12/2010 at 1:23 pm #

i have pale skin too! way to rock the pale look! :)

8. Lindsay (ModCloth) 06/12/2010 at 3:57 pm #

Aw, you look great Turi! Wonderful wedding garb inspiration!

9. Barbara T. dogger 06/12/2010 at 5:23 pm #

Turi, You look darling! I agree with your friend that the green backdrop was the best. Your entire outfit has a Heidi theme that is enchanting!

Barb

10. Grace 06/12/2010 at 10:51 pm #

So cute! Have fun in my home state! :) Also, how did you do your hair like that? I have been trying , but failing miserably!

11. Frau Keiser 06/13/2010 at 10:14 pm #

Oh… your adorable Cloris braids (from Beerfest) make me miss having long hair. Oh, well, I hope you had a lovely adventure.

12. Laura 06/14/2010 at 9:32 pm #

I think Homer is the prettiest place in Alaska, and my dad lives there, so I get to see it a lot! Your outfit is adorable! I’m super pale as well. And yes, I dream up outfits all the time!