Outfit of the Week: No Style Rules – I Do What I Bike!

Now that summer’s sunny rays have finally percolated into Pittsburgh, I’m revved up about ditching the four wheels of my car for the two wheels of my bike. Riding around in dresses is doable, though difficult, so I’m opting for a jumper! The Poconos Jumper is the best thing on this side of the road for looking pretty and pedaling around; thanks to its shorts bottom, I’ll never have to worry about big gusts of wind indecently blowing around my skirt.

I paired this piece with The Hanne Safari Tank because I love its pachyderm print, and completed the look with the closed-toe Buckle Down Flat to protect my tootsies, the Bowled Over Bag for toting around my necessities, and the Don’t Leaf Without Us Earrings and two Sleater-Skinny Bracelets for a splash of style. And, voilà! I’ve got an outfit that’s geared up for chic, casual cycling!

Do you have any tips for biking around in style?

About Hannah

"Q: Where do cantaloupes go for the summer? A: John Cougar Mellon Camp!" From that joke you can surmise a few things about Hannah -- she loves a good pun, she delights in irreverence, and red peppers are her vegetable of choice. How does one figure out Hannah loves red peppers from that joke? Hmm, that's top secret. Hannah also adores outdoor activities, arts & crafts, reading, and being abroad.

, ,

11 Responses to Outfit of the Week: No Style Rules – I Do What I Bike!

1. Natalie (ModCloth) 06/17/2010 at 2:28 pm #

Cute!!! Hannah, I love this as a biking style. It’s perfect for the summer!

2. simone leblanc 06/17/2010 at 7:20 pm #

i like the pink accent on your tires :)

3. shelby Petersen 06/17/2010 at 8:02 pm #

check out my blog because I just did a bike post. There is nothing like a great vintage dress, and cruiser!

4. joyce cee 06/17/2010 at 11:24 pm #

sleeveless for cycling is the way to go. You’ve inspired me to cycle to work tomorrow.
    Plus I like the elephants

5. Tori 06/17/2010 at 11:30 pm #

I completely agree about the pink. I want a bike just like that – and an outfit as cute as yours.

6. Ellie 06/18/2010 at 1:11 am #

I love those elephants!

7. Hannah (ModCloth) 06/18/2010 at 12:23 pm #

Thanks all!

@ Shelby Petersen – Read your blog. You do look Sound of Music-esque, but more so just adorable. :-)

@ Joyce cee – Glad you were inspired. Enjoy your bike ride!

8. Amanda 06/18/2010 at 3:02 pm #

The color of the Safari tee doesn’t look as pink in this picture as it does on the product page…

9. Melanie 06/19/2010 at 2:01 pm #

I bike everywhere(infact I dont even own a car) and I love this outfit. A few good tips for biking are
    1. Always bring a pair of extra socks just in case, blisters SUCK.
    2. Do all your accessorizing on the top half of yor body. anything from long pants to anklets will get caught in your chain
    3. Bring a sweatshirt. When your biking down a hill super fast it can get cold.

10. Amanda L. 06/20/2010 at 1:39 am #

I love riding bikes. I had an awesome pink beach cruiser….but it was stolen outside my work one night. :( But when I would bike I found a few outfit pieces that were perfect and stylish.

1. If it’s hot (and it is here in SoCal), where loose billow-y shirts. They are cute and always comfortable. And they go along with the beach cruiser bike cute like an accessory.

2. If you’re short like me, comfortable wedges are surprisingly easy for biking (so long as you aren’t going up and down hills).

3. No dangling earrings. If the are too heavy the wind pulls on them, and mine would fall off.

11. Bosco 06/22/2010 at 9:34 pm #

i love whimsical, light skirts to bike with, like a sail flapping around my pumping legs, and fluorescent biking shorts underneath just in case my sail flies too high!