So Unisex-y, We Can’t Hardly ‘Kick-stand’ It!

A Good Jacket is Hard to Find, indeed, let alone one that can work for both sexes! Well, we got lucky with this faded black wash, stretch-denim jacket. Its classic biker-style cut suits men and women alike, making this the perfect piece of outerwear for anyone riding around on two wheels.

Design Relations Associate Bobbi and I show in the image above that the mechanics behind fabricating a fashionable look for a guy or a gal with the A Good Jacket is Hard to Find are pretty simple — just take a few bold parts and assemble them into one revved up package! For Bobbi, it was all about selecting a few colorful items that would really pop against the asphalt hue of our featured item, like the the vibrant, dotted Forget-Me-Dot Frock, the bright teal Lita Clutch in Luna, and its chromatic match, the Juice Bar Sunglasses. The Nicks’ Kicks Boot, with its tough-looking buckle feature, complements the motorcycle inspiration of the jacket, and the gauzy Sheer-yl Crow Scarf gives her neck just enough protection against the wind while scooting around town.

I kept my style as stripped-down as possible, wearing the A Good Jacket is Hard to Find with an archetypal white tee, black pants, black boots, a pair of aviator sunglasses, and a couple of statement necklaces.

How about you? Will you be making ‘vroom’ for this unisex jacket in your wardrobe?

About Richard

Richard finds style inspiration in an assortment of historical figures, musicians, and movie characters, including Doc Holliday, Tracy Pew, Han Solo, and El Topo. When not tapping at the computer keyboard for ModCloth, Richard spends his time playing music and dreaming of composing the perfect soundtrack to an epic gothic western film set on a distant, dusty planet, where the cowboys ride rocket-powered motorcycles instead of horses.

9 Responses to So Unisex-y, We Can’t Hardly ‘Kick-stand’ It!

1. Jennifer (ModCloth) 06/24/2010 at 3:00 pm #

You both look amazing! I am always so impressed with how your styling skills, Richard. Figuring out how to incorporate a woman’s garment into a ‘masculine’ outfit is no small feet!

2. Amanda 06/24/2010 at 4:20 pm #

I love how you each have a spot of turquoise too.

3. Richard (ModCloth) 06/24/2010 at 4:51 pm #

Good eye, Amanda!

4. Kristin 06/24/2010 at 5:05 pm #

Bobbi you look wonderful!

5. Lulu 06/24/2010 at 5:12 pm #

HEART this photo and that jacket =]

6. Robyn 06/24/2010 at 5:20 pm #

All I have ever wanted is a boyfriend I can share clothes with. Why can’t my boyfriend sport things like this jacket. I refuse to wear his khaki cargo shorts. Oh well.

7. Emery 06/24/2010 at 5:53 pm #

Richard, you like Star Trek?!?! Me TOO! I’ve seen every episode of the original cast! You also look very dapper in your jacket.

8. Richard (ModCloth) 06/24/2010 at 7:46 pm #

Thanks! And, yes, I am a big, big fan of the original series of Star Trek. I’ve got all the episodes on DVD and probably have watched them all at least ten times each. I can generally give the title of an episode upon hearing a summary of the plot or seeing a photo. :)

9. prutha 10/04/2010 at 6:08 pm #

loving ur Greece lightening kinda look