Right Lace, Right Time

What: 1950s chiffon and lace party dress

Where:
Salvation Army

How Much:
$5 (!!!)

When I Use It:
I’ve worn this dress for more formal occasions, but I think it would look great dressed down with a fitted denim jacket and flats.

Shopping Tips: Don’t think that the garment you find can’t be changed! I’ve found lots and lots of dresses that I wouldn’t have worn without having a hem taken up, some sequins added, or the sleeves removed.

Attention Blog Readers! We know you are the most clever and most stylish bunch on the web, and we’d love to feature you on future Favorite Find Posts! Please email us (favfinds@modcloth.com) a picture of you with one of your favorite shopping finds (a piece of furniture, a hard-to-find record, the perfect vintage boots, or any other treasure) and answer the questions: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips. We can’t wait to see all the cool items you’ve discovered!

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

6 Responses to Right Lace, Right Time

1. kara lynn 06/25/2010 at 6:35 pm #

i can’t believe this dress was only 5 dollars! it’s remarkable! and lace yes lace is so divine. it is y new favorite!

2. RachelC 06/25/2010 at 7:25 pm #

You’re so LUCKY!!! This is adorable! :)

3. Zoë 06/26/2010 at 2:32 pm #

Oh my goodness! Veronika is one of my absolute favorites! Her eye for vintage is amazing. Bravo, lady!

4. Amber Zaragoza 06/26/2010 at 4:40 pm #

This dress is DEVINE! I love Salvation Army. They seem to get the best donations, and they have one of the best missions. Support your local charities and shop at their thrift stores! You NEVER know what you’ll find.

5. Eleanor 06/28/2010 at 2:18 am #

She (and her dress!) are gorgeous. Oo, I might have to sumbit my salvation army granny pants…

X

6. Amanda 06/28/2010 at 11:08 am #

What a great photo; so flattering in its design- it’s artistic, but doesn’t detract from the subject. And the dress itself is magnificent too.