No-tori-ous for Style

Not only is this look by artist Sonia Li very charming, her purse made me LOL. Her scallop patterned romper, in a dreamy shade of blue, makes me think of something  a mermaid would wear should she pose for a retro-inspired photo shoot. Her peep toe sandals are darling, as are her modified ModCloth shades.

But here’s what made me squee with glee. Sonia decoupaged images of fruit and Tori and Candy Spelling! Ever since Tori made a comeback with her show So NoTORious, I realized that she had been the most under appreciated member of the original 90210 cast. I’m totally inspired by Sonia’s purse.

Which celebrities would you DIY onto your accessories?

About Angela

Someday, Angela will be tending to her sheep, llamas and alpacas on the “Yarn Farm” and raising award winning honey bees. Until then, the native Pittsburgher is enjoying all things related to knitting, her cats, Mr. Spock, red lipstick, and creativity. Writing is her first true love.

12 Responses to No-tori-ous for Style

1. Amanda 06/30/2010 at 11:26 am #

Um, Audrey Hepburn ALL THE WAY.

2. Sonia 06/30/2010 at 11:50 am #

Thanks Amanda! I am the maker of the Tori bag! See more here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129322757527&ref=ts

3. VintageVirgin 06/30/2010 at 12:11 pm #

WOOOOOOW! That romper is sooooo AH-MAZING and that bag is HILARIOUS! I love quirky stuff like that! You’ve got a great sense of style and an awesome sense of humor!

4. Jessica 06/30/2010 at 12:12 pm #

So NoTORious was such an awesome shoe, it made LOVE Tori. I cant believe it didn’t make it. Oh well, i guess people just don’t have good taste anymore.

a young Babs, love Funny Girl.

5. Sonia E 06/30/2010 at 3:56 pm #

i for one, love your name. and the purse of course!

6. Sonia Li 06/30/2010 at 5:39 pm #

Hey ladies thanks for all your support! Really appreciate it! Friend my purse group, Zeus Venetia Solaris on facebook to see more designs!

Check out my Production Design work too!

7. Melinda 06/30/2010 at 5:53 pm #

What a creative and stylish look! I definitely need to see more from this chick!

8. Emily S 07/02/2010 at 4:51 pm #

I really enjoyed this entry. It makes me want to do crafts allll day!

9. Angela 07/04/2010 at 12:49 pm #

I really love the idea of this, but to put it nicely, Tori Spelling is one of the worst actresses to ever grace tv and is only famous because of daddy…

other than that, the romper and outfit in general are adorable and the idea for the bag is, too!

10. Sonia Li 07/05/2010 at 1:05 pm #

Angela, that IS the point of the bag!

It is a commentary on celebrity culture and society rather than promoting stardom.

The romper is actually a vintage Jantzen bathingsuit circa 1950′s~!

Thanks for your comment!

11. Neon Threads Clothing 01/13/2011 at 4:29 am #

Tori on a purse, LOL.

12. Kate 02/09/2011 at 2:26 am #

Do you have this in “Wacko Jacko”?! This makes me want an MJ purse sooo hard.