After concocting this recipe on multiple occasions, like Depeche Mode, I just can’t get enough! Since savoring my first Avocado Mangorita in Cleveland, I set out on a mission to hunt down its formula, striking green-gold on MyRecipes.com. Not only is this drink easy to assemble, it’s made using one of my all-time my favorite foods, the avocado! What’s not to love about a drink whose color is reminiscent of Ghostbusters’ Slimer, whose texture is that of a smoothie, and whose taste has been described as “a dip in the river on a hot summer day?” Oh, and they’re the perfect thing to bring to a summer party, particularly ones involving fireworks, picnicking, and friends (hint, hint)!
Frozen Mango-Avocado Margarita
From Myrecipes.com. Makes 4 cups.
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup chopped, peeled mango (about 1 large)
- 6 tablespoons chopped, ripe, peeled avocado (about 1)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a blender, process until smooth
- Divide mixture among four glasses. Serve drinks with lime wedges as a garnish if desired
You have the recipe, now let the fiesta begin! Do your plans involve cooking up something special this weekend?