Outfit of the Week: Temperate Days and Chilly Nights

Morgan

This week in Pittsburgh weather has been nothing short of ideal, albeit a bit strange for summer. Blindingly bright sunny days with highs in the mid-70s (temperate and terrific) have resulted in breezy, 50-something degree evenings.

Morgan, ModCloth’s Quality Assurance Analyst, couldn’t be happier with the unexpected “cold snap” of July. Cooler temps bring the opportunity to accessorize with patterned tights and cute cardis — two of Morgan’s favorite wardrobe essentials.

From the start, Morgan knew she wanted a pair of statement-making tights. The unique pattern of the Shape Up Tights made them her first, and flawless, choice. The busy, colorful print of the Hit the Dance Floral Heel added chic contrast to her gams, while the darling dichotomy of the A Study in Contrasts Dress paired with the Bringing Lacy Back Cardigan ensured a noteworthy silhouette. Finally, for accessories, Morgan added a little gold bling to match her frock’s pyramid stud belt. She chose to sport the Dad Knows Best Watch with The Cuter Scooter Necklace. Adorable!

How do you dress for unpredictable weather, ModReaders?

About Annie

Thrift shopping and cupcake baking are the two main constants within Annie's life. When she's not scouring for finds of a lifetime or indulging in calorie-laden confections, Annie enjoys bicycles, dogs, fashion, long stories, and inside jokes.

9 Responses to Outfit of the Week: Temperate Days and Chilly Nights

1. Siri 07/02/2010 at 3:18 pm #

layers, layers, layers, layers.
    I pull out my cowboy or flat suede boots (or I would, if they weren’t locked in storage at my college dormitory for the summer/still at my parent’s house a few states away), grab a cardigan or vest or light jacket and a scarf to thrown over my summery floral dress!

2. Sari (ModCloth) 07/02/2010 at 4:16 pm #

Lovely outfit and model!

3. Richard (ModCloth) 07/02/2010 at 5:42 pm #

Great ensemble, Morgan! I’ve been noticing a lot of white lacy dresses around the office lately, and they’re very flattering on everyone.

4. Bri 07/02/2010 at 6:39 pm #

if its chilly during the summer, i would wear boots or capries and a sweater, but something about tights just screams fall and winter to me, and i dont think i will ever be able to convert and wear them in spring and summer.
    *love her outfit though, that shoe and tight combo is making me drool

5. vanessa Aleman 07/02/2010 at 8:39 pm #

wow the 70′s during the days, so lucky lits like 100 degress here, so i cant layer boo!

6. Molly 07/02/2010 at 9:44 pm #

Unpredictable weather? I throw on a dress and flats and beg my sister to lend me one of her many beautiful cardigans!

7. Eleanor 07/04/2010 at 3:44 am #

Well doesn’t she look gorgeous! I adore that cardigan!

I am such a cardigan nut so that is the main way I stay prepared, and I also keep my new dusky pink parka in my handbag for unexpected showers or just to add an extra layer!

X

8. Steph 07/06/2010 at 6:08 am #

I agree with Siri – layers!
    I live in Melbourne, Australia – famous for it’s “four seasons in one day” weather which makes us very stylish even if we have to leave the house with umbrella in one hand and sunnies in the other.
    Skirts and tights are best because if it suddenly gets hot you can always sneak off to the bathroom and take them off. Cardies are the most important thing you can own and I’ve been known to wear two at a time.

9. JENN 07/23/2010 at 7:50 pm #

My wardrobe pretty much consists of cute loose fitting tanks, dresses in various fits, and a TON of cardigans in a wide array of colors! However, I would have to say, that the easiest and best layering accessory for ALL seasons is an over sized scarf. We all seem to own several by now, getting new ones every year. They are great because they fold up so small in even the smallest of purses or bags, but can be spread out to work as a shawl, blanket, or of course neck warmer as intended. …Not to mention that they can add some interest to any outfit!