Blogger of the Moment: The Stylish Wanderer

Fifteen-year-old blogger The Stylish Wanderer balances her time between blogging, school, and her hobbies, like playing piano and writing. When I was 15, I was a super awkward nerd, but this young fashionista seems really comfortable in her own skin. Her outfits reflect her maturity, with flowing floor-length skirts and vintage inspired looks. You’ll want to fawn over her namesake dress and favorite ModCloth picks, and check out her interview to find out her secret dreams for the future!

You’re 15! How do you balance blogging, school and everything else you do?
My life is a constant running from one place to the other scenario. It’s crazy, it’s hectic, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. School takes priority though, then comes the blog. It’s a lot of fun.

When you’re not blogging, what are your other hobbies?
I play piano, I read, I write, I act.

What style blogs do you follow?
Well, I really like Pepper and Chips for inspiration, as well as Knight Cat. Those are two great image blogs.

How would you define your personal style?

A whole bunch of styles mixed together. I’m all over the place, which has its goods and bads, ups and downs. Sometimes you just wanna fit into a category, you know? But other times you say, No! I don’t want to be pinned down. Life is funny that way. However, mostly I think I tend to just wear basics with a vintage flair.

If you had to wear one favorite outfit for a week, what would it be?
A vintage silk shirt with black leggings and my new Miu Miu purple bow pumps! So easy and classic.

What actress would play you in a movie about your life?
Marion Cotillard. She doesn’t look like me at all but she’s stunning and elegant. I love her. Especially since she wore that Jean Paul Gaultier Couture mermaid dress to the 2007 Oscars where she was nominated (and won) for La Vie En Rose. Although, I know a lot of people say that I look like Charlotte Gainsbourg.

What’s your favorite movie or book?
Favorite Movie: Children of Men. Favorite Book: I am the Messenger

If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and what would you eat?
Well there are so many people, but I guess Tom Hanks. He is crazy fascinating. I’d eat lemon chicken. Sounds so good.

Do you have any secret dreams for the future?
I’d love to write, be it music or movies.

Don’t forget to check out The Stylish Wanderer Dress!

About Turi

Turi likes trying exotic food, exploring new places and, of course, writing. When she's not writing for ModCloth, she's working on a novel (aren't we all?!) and finishing up her MFA in fiction writing at the University of Pittsburgh.

10 Responses to Blogger of the Moment: The Stylish Wanderer

1. Ivy 07/14/2010 at 3:58 pm #

I’m always slightly annoyed when fashion bloggers annoint themselves “stylish” or “chic” or any similar label, but she seems otherwise humble. And she really does look like Charlotte Gainsbourg.

2. Robyn 07/14/2010 at 4:27 pm #

Her picks are so cute, and I am beyond in love with her namesake dress.

3. Laura 07/15/2010 at 7:35 pm #

Yay, I love her! She has the best style, and I cannot believe how young she is. She’s stunning!

xx Laura

4. RachelC 07/15/2010 at 8:25 pm #

Wow–she sounds really cool! I love how she’s “only” a teenager, but she still has her own distinct sense of style. More teens should be like that!

5. Keaven Willa 07/17/2010 at 3:08 am #

What I’m always curious about girls like this is: Where do they get the money/connections to start dressing like this in the first place?
    Some of the things she’s wearing in her blog are pretty pricey, and no where that I read is there any hint that she’s given a second thought to price (although it does mention several times that she has been gifted items…)
    I’d like to dress as well as this, too, but don’t always have the resources. :(

• Anita 11/06/2010 at 12:10 am #

Its realy not nessasary to have money to dress well. The point is how well you put things together not how much you spend. You can try bargan hunting at consignment shops, flea markets, and the sale sections at your favorite stores.

6. Sarah 07/23/2010 at 3:57 pm #

I totally want her to date my younger brother!

7. taylor K 07/24/2010 at 10:19 pm #

i adore this girl.
    her outfits are just so adorable and she is a real inspiration.

8. Jessica 09/24/2010 at 1:48 pm #

Love her blog too. she doesn’t let it go to her head shes just really enjoying clothes and dressing up or down. I love that she seems so mature and forward thinking but doesn’t toot her own horn about it either.

9. Emily 10/18/2010 at 7:10 pm #

I think she is so talented with her gift of fashion! She sounds so interesting; I love to read her blogs. She is really inspiring and creative, and you can really see she’s put her personality in her outfits.