Listen to Your Mumford & Sons

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

I wish someone would invent teleportation stat, because I’m aching to zip over to Europe for Mumford & Sons‘ just-announced fall tour. Since the chances of that happening are as probable as Genghis Khan inviting me to tea and crumpets, I’ll instead have to sit here in the US of A and listen to this British band croon their heartfelt, lilting, bluegrass-inspired tunes–like “The Cave,” seen in the video above–through my earbuds. If you haven’t heard of these self-proclaimed “young men from West London in their early twenties, [with] fire in their bellies, romance in their hearts, and rapture in their masterful, melancholy voices,” then you ought to give a listen, and tell us what you think!

Any of you lucky ducks going to see the band live?

19 Responses to Listen to Your Mumford & Sons

1. Norma Hernandez 07/21/2010 at 2:25 pm #

I wish! I love these guys. They play with the sensational Laura Marling sometimes and my one wish is to see them both live!

2. AngelicaL 07/21/2010 at 3:28 pm #

I love, love, LOVE Mumford & Sons. I bought their album earlier this summer, and I can’t get enough.

3. c_tyler [of thegirltyler.com] 07/21/2010 at 5:22 pm #

I absolutely adore them and they definitely need to come back over to the states ASAP! I was lucky enough to catch them at Bonnaroo and it was hands down one of the best shows of the festival. Their music gives me goosebumps and brings me to tears (in a good way) – totally incredible!

4. c_tyler [of thegirltyler.com] 07/21/2010 at 5:23 pm #

p.s. – we should start a mod-petition to bring them over here for a tour ; )

5. Kate 07/21/2010 at 6:33 pm #

i LOVE Mumford & Sons! They were here, in Boston, back in May, with The Middle East! I couldn’t go and I was HEARTBROKEN.

6. Erika 07/21/2010 at 7:29 pm #

Hop Farm in Kent…. Bob Dylan had nothing on these guys- they rocked the fest.

7. Hannah (ModCloth) 07/21/2010 at 7:43 pm #

@c_tyler : I’ll sign your petition :-).

@Kate: I used to live in Boston; too bad I don’t anymore, and I too missed the show. Foiled again!

8. Rachel 07/21/2010 at 10:43 pm #

i adore these guys!! it kills me, because they came to Bloomington, IN, which is where i go to college, to this venue thats 21 and over. i am 20. SO UPSET. SO UPSET. i was lucky enough to at least pick up a beautiful poster from the show at a local record shop, but it’s just not the same :(

9. Clair 07/21/2010 at 11:20 pm #

Imported their album in December after hearing of them in early fall… Unfortunately I missed seeing them live a few months back! I was gutted.

10. Mia 07/22/2010 at 12:23 am #

Wow! This band is amazing! Looks like they put on a great live show too. (and I think I’m developing a small crush on Marcus Mumford)

11. Victoria / Justice Pirate 07/22/2010 at 10:34 am #

I’ve loved this song so much on that album. My husband and enjoy listening to them often.

12. Patti 07/22/2010 at 4:43 pm #

I saw them at the Bluebird in Bloomington IN, and they put on a great show! They really fed off the crowd’s energy (plus, the Bluebird is always an great venue for concerts-if you get a chance to see a show there, do it). At one point, the singer said, “We’d like to come back to this part of the world.” LOVE!!

13. Nadia 07/22/2010 at 6:27 pm #

Saw them live. Best show I’ve ever been to. Hands down.

14. Laura 07/22/2010 at 11:04 pm #

Ohhh, I adore them! I’d love to see them live…

I just found out that a girl I know is friends with their families, and actually dated Marcus Mumford! How crazy is that?

15. Linny 07/23/2010 at 12:28 pm #

I’m beyond excited to see them at Lollapalooza in a few weeks!
    Now what to wear…

16. Amy 07/23/2010 at 1:03 pm #

I saw and met them all before they got famous in Jan 2009. They were all so nice :) I’ve seen them since too. Brilliant xx

17. Ailsa 07/24/2010 at 1:06 pm #

I managed to catch these guys at Latitude Festival in Suffolk, UK, last weekend. They easily gave one of the most passionate and energetic performances of the whole festival… guitar and mandolin strings were snapped! They recently collaborated with the equally amazing Laura Marling and and Indian band, The Dhahorar Project, on a special EP after visiting India. Give it a listen – it’s pretty awesome :D

18. Lisa 07/30/2010 at 6:01 pm #

Swoon! I saw M&S play San Francisco a couple months ago…they were even better live if you can believe it! Needless to say they were completely charming as well. If you like these gentlemen of the road look into Laura Marling, cohort and love interest. She played SF a few days ago and was stunning as well.

19. Hilary 08/14/2010 at 2:46 am #

I just saw this post! They’re my absolute favorite band, it makes my day to see that modcloth gave them a mention.

I saw them live at Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN early June. They’re incredible and can command a crowd so well. Absolutely darling and incredible.