Short Cuts

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

Photo: Vanessa Jackman

After a brief, disastrous foray into short hair during college, I’ve clung to long hair like a life raft. Street spotted girls like Luxembourger Anne-Catherine, however, are seriously convincing me to give cropped cuts another go. Beyond her adorable, gamine look, this first-year fashion student boldly mixes seemingly impossible prints with envious ease.

What street style or outfit photos are you guys inspired by today?

, , ,

22 Responses to Short Cuts

1. laura trevey 08/23/2010 at 4:19 pm #

She looks super chic in that cool hair cut!!

Love the leopard print top too ~~

2. Jacky 08/23/2010 at 7:02 pm #

I do not like short hair, it just too masculine and unpretty to me.

she is really pretty though, she’d look better with long hair

3. Dayna Ferrone 08/23/2010 at 8:06 pm #

I’m 25 and have had short hair ( I mean short…like in the photo) since I was 10 years old. I could never imagine myself with long locks….I believe that my short hair is what makes me stand out in a world of long-haired females… :) I think women with smaller facial features tend to pull off shorter hair better than those with stronger features.

4. Shelby Petersen 08/23/2010 at 10:17 pm #

i have never had long hair. i don’t want to know if i could pull it off :) my hair is my security!

5. Lulu 08/23/2010 at 11:12 pm #

i LOVE short hair (but i’m kinda biased because i have a cropped do…) and this photo is awesome! her haircut really goes well with her facial features.

6. Lauren 08/24/2010 at 1:11 am #

I so thought that was Penelope Cruz. Whomever it is, she can pull that haircut & outfit off-I’m envious!

7. K8 08/24/2010 at 8:50 am #

I used to have super short hair–I prefer hair a bit longer on me, but it looks SO adorable on the right girl. I have a friend with really short hair and she looks much better than she did with long hair.

8. Sara 08/24/2010 at 10:57 am #

It just looks so 90′s, it’s a little painful! I also believe in the skinny cute girl rule: they can wear anything and pull it off. I wish that worked for me haha.

9. Amanda 08/24/2010 at 11:44 am #

UH-LUUUUUV ITTTTT. I love it so much I can’t speak any more than that.

10. Marissa 08/24/2010 at 1:33 pm #

So cute! Not many people can pull this off, but she is rockin’ it!

11. Kim 08/24/2010 at 4:47 pm #

If you’re that gorgeous, you could walk around bald and still look amazing. See also: Natalie Portman. Also, I love her leopard shirt. I like the idea of leopard + navy. Might give it a try for fall.

12. Mini 08/24/2010 at 7:25 pm #

As a recent pixie do-er (I apparently have this urge to chop all my hair off every couple years), my recent cut was “just okay” until I gave it some extra tweaking. I think the thing with super-short hair is that it has to be the right shape for YOUR face–if it doesn’t look amazing right when you get it cut, give a few days, and then go back and ask your stylist to give it a little tweaking. It might just need to be tapered 1/4″ over the ear, or something simple like that.

13. Becs 08/24/2010 at 11:51 pm #

Personally I’m not brave enough to ever dare go that short, but she is gorgeous and can def. pull off the short hair. I have that H&M shirt… great inspiration to mix it with plaid.

xx

14. vicki 08/25/2010 at 11:51 am #

i have shoulder length hair but 2 years ago i had hair shorter than this lovely lady photographed above, i think it all depends on bone structure and getting a cut that works for you.. i dont think it suited me but if i had cheekbones like this girl id cut mine all off! :) x

15. Marley 08/25/2010 at 12:26 pm #

I have to say that after a certain incident, I will never cut my hair short again (but this is due to the fact that my hair is curly and basically turns into an afro). A few of my friends have super short hair and it looks really great, but I am not loving this girl’s look. It is essentially a bowl cut, and does nothing for her! When going short, we should think Audrey Hepburn, not Macauley Culkin!

16. Lindsey P. 08/25/2010 at 1:08 pm #

Holy cow, what a great cut! Looks fantastic on her. Very vintage Demi Moore. :)

17. Chyna Rose 08/25/2010 at 5:15 pm #

I like short cuts but the model’s hair is…bleh

18. Ann 08/25/2010 at 10:10 pm #

I think she looks great – and would regardless of her hair length / style. Women are defined way too much by their hair, in my opinion.

That being said, I think everyone should give short hair a try at least once. It’s incredibly liberating and the lack of maintenance si great.

19. Jodi 08/30/2010 at 11:01 pm #

I love her hair, that woment is beautiful. My hair was a little past my shoulders before i cut it about a week ago into a short taper style kinda like agyness deyn has had.

I enjoy my short hair so much. I feel so open, kinda exposed in the best sense of the way.

20. Ron 09/08/2010 at 3:07 pm #

I think her haircut looks like the original Beatles’ haircuts, or a bicycle helmet. It takes the focus AWAY from her pretty face. Of course, I’m partial to chicks with long powerful locks.

21. Suzzi 10/14/2010 at 5:46 pm #

It’s so funny to me how much importance women put on their hair. I think India Arie says it best “I am not my hair”, there is no such thing as a hair cut that only some women can pull off, it’s just not so. Having short hair as a woman requires a greater sense of self and higher level of security. Everyone looks good with long hair, its the easy way out. As fellow fashion lovers it’s easy to understand why one would have this haircut. Your long hair says nothing about who you are, hers says everything! It’s like owning a rare vintage piece that almost no one else in the world has. No one comes home from a day out shopping and talks about the girl with the long brown hair, EVERYONE goes home and talks about the girl with the crazy Beatles bowl cut.

22. Ron 10/15/2010 at 2:16 pm #

That’s the difference between men and women, Suzzi. WE think that a woman’s long hair says, I love looking sensuous, rather than chic or trendy, attributes much more admired by other women. Of course, SOME dudes like short hair, but lots of us love to get lost in a gal’s soft, long tendrils. And, the sight and smell of it is an aphrodysiac. It’s the greatest high!