En Voguish Favorite Find

What: Vintage beaded mini dress

Where:
Stella Luna, 1627 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON

How Much:
$30

When I Use It:
This dress may not be the most versatile of the bunch, however, when I wear it, not only do I detect a sense of sparkle and glamour, but I feel different (in the best possible way). The intricate beading and detailed pattern/color are what set this dress apart from any other, and due to its intense shimmer there is no need for jewelry. It can easily be worn in all four seasons to any cocktail or black tie event.

Shopping Tips: If you love something but the sizing is off, don’t be afraid to rearrange and make adjustments. This dress was originally floor-length but after some alterations it was made into a elegant yet modern mini dress.

HEY, BLOG READERS! We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters around, which is why we want to hear the story behind your Fave Find! E-mail us at favefinds@modcloth.com with a picture of you with your favorite vintage find (a rare record, a handcarved cabinet, a perfect pair of boots, or any other treasure), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips!

About Julianne

Julie is a modern day Renaissance woman and die-hard bloody mary enthusiast. When she’s not sprinkling magic fairy dust onto ModCloth’s social media channels, you can find her eclectic point of view on food, fashion, music, and DIY documented here!

11 Responses to En Voguish Favorite Find

1. miss hiccup 08/24/2010 at 2:04 pm #

The dress is cute, but this girl has some of the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen. WOW.

2. Jean 08/24/2010 at 2:50 pm #

It’s funny that this post of a girl with such amazing and gorgeous long hair is right after the “short cuts” post!

btw…I love her dress!

3. Lauren 08/24/2010 at 4:40 pm #

Totally agree – cute dress, but AMAZING hair – I don’t think I’ve ever seen such long, shiny, and non-frizzy hair on an un-photo-shopped model before!

4. Julie 08/24/2010 at 5:19 pm #

Devyn if you read this post please tell us your haircare routine because your hair is freakin’ amazing! I’ve heard that people who have hair-model hair don’t wash it with shampoo everyday (they just rinse) so I’d be curious to know if that’s the case with you. And oh yeah — cute dress too!

5. Devyn 08/24/2010 at 6:27 pm #

Thank you all so much for your comments- they’re beyond sweet! As for my hair, I don’t put any product in and wash it with shampoo and conditioner every other day. Thanks again for your kind words! They brighten my day :)

6. Paulie 08/24/2010 at 6:34 pm #

Devyn I love this dress on you! So great that you had the guts to shorten it. And your hair IS fantastic!

7. Heather 08/24/2010 at 7:49 pm #

Same here with the gorgeous hair comment! But also, I love the dress! Our vintage store here has dresses like this, but they’re always sooo expensive…

8. christie 08/24/2010 at 9:38 pm #

Devyn,
    Wow, your dress is amazing! Your style is inspiring. And I agree with all of the other comments! Your hair is unreal, your dress is gorgeous and you do sparkle!

9. ana 08/24/2010 at 11:48 pm #

your hair is amazing! oh my goodness!

10. Shelby Petersen 08/25/2010 at 3:15 am #

i think her hair is amazing too! it totally beats out the greatness of the dress!

11. madnessmeforfashion 08/25/2010 at 5:39 am #

personally, i love your hair!