Have you seen that bafflingly awesome jewelry in our Accessories section? What? You think all the accessories are awesome? Okay, us too. We’ll be more specific; we’re talking that unbelievably cool knight’s helmet ring, that oh-so-creative necklace that looks like a USB key and port, that O’Keeffe-esque deer and antlers creation—and that’s just for starters. Know which accessories we’re talking about now? Good. Well, we were so intoxicated by the brilliance of the Monserat de Lucca group’s lustrous creations, that we set out to find our more about this beguiling brand.
Here’s what we found out…
- Three Dog Night once sang that one is the loneliest number, and Monserat de Lucca seems to agree; they have several designer groups working on their cool creations. One of them is called DayDefy, and the other is Mafia.
- Where do these designers find inspiration? They’re galvanized by everything around them—nature, objects, visuals, sounds, and most notably, classic rock ‘n’ roll culture. Even the smallest details make for great inspiration, they report. Guess paying attention pays off!
- We got down to brass tacks (almost literally) when we asked Monserat de Lucca why they choose designers who work in brass. We found out they chose this metal for its strength, versatility, and beauty. “There are few limitations when using brass,” they said. “It is a strong material that can be easily worked in small or large amounts. Also, the color and texture creates dramatic effects as it ages.”
- In their spare time, Monserat de Lucca’s masterminds dabble in painting and photography, or just kick back and relax at a bar one of them owns.
- What’s in store for Monserat de Lucca? “Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll.”
What’s your favorite Monserat de Lucca piece?