Our Favorite Looks from NY Fashion Week

Like its runway shows, Fashion Week seems to pass by in a matter of seconds. As a last salute to the soon-ending Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, we rounded up some of our favorite runway looks from New York. Fashion Writers Julie and Annie have provided their commentary (and marker drawings).

Love this look? Put your own ModCloth-y spin with maxis like the Durban Beachfront Maxi Dress or Ooh La La Dress, vests like the Vest and Relaxation or Dramaturge Vest, and slouchy hats like the Ca-beret in Liza and Head in the Stars Hat!

Inspired? Need it now? Check out our Maroon Five Slits Dress, Inviting You to Play Dress, or Apple Picking Dress!

Dreaming of light, beachy tops too? Get to know our Joshua Tree Tunic, Collecting Shells Tunic, and Sly Gal Tunic.

If this dress has got you in the mood for something dark and mysterious, take a look at stop-and-stare LBDs like the Proscenium Dress or the Set the Night on Fire Dress! If you’re looking for something just as glam, our party dresses category is a good place to start!

What looks are you loving from New York Fashion Week? Dish!

, ,

10 Responses to Our Favorite Looks from NY Fashion Week

1. Amanda 09/16/2010 at 3:22 pm #

Oooh, the Samantha Ronson and Rachel Comey selections bring back memories. And not in a good way. They absolutely remind me of stuff I wore in Middle School and would never wear them again. *shivers*
    However, love love loving Suzanne Rae and even Malandrino’s sheer pants. Full speed AHEAD, I say. No looking back. (Unless we’re talking about DECADES back- in which case vintage is vivacious). The only thing I would add are Betsey Johnson’s dresses.

2. Julie 09/16/2010 at 3:24 pm #

Okay, I love all of them :)

3. Lulu 09/16/2010 at 3:38 pm #

i love Julie’s picks! those sheer pants have me totally enthralled for some reason! and that black dress. ahhh want that whole outfit!

4. Hannah (ModCloth) 09/16/2010 at 4:06 pm #

I love your self portraits. And, of course, your sagacious comments. <3

5. Jess (ModCloth) 09/16/2010 at 4:20 pm #

Great picks, guys! Annie, I should have known that you’d be most drawn to the ‘Clueless’-esque! Yesss!

6. Not A Paper Cup 09/16/2010 at 4:36 pm #

<3 <3 <3 the first one!! :)

7. Aire (ModCloth) 09/16/2010 at 6:05 pm #

I love this post! Awesome job ladies! I loved Malandrino’s just for the presentation alone! I also loved the mix of fabric and textures at 3.1 Phillip Lim and Rodarte. And of course as usual Marc Jacobs does no wrong!

8. B. Jones Style 09/16/2010 at 7:42 pm #

I love how you all noted on the look.. so fun to see what your thoughts are!

9. Caitlin 09/17/2010 at 8:11 pm #

I LOVE this look… On models… I’ve tried on a million different varieties of this outfit and it really doesn’t look any good on shorties with thighs like me!

10. Sari (ModCloth) 09/18/2010 at 11:13 am #

Great picks! Annie-looks like we are on the same wavelength! Julie-that first look is so you..it even looks like you.
    Also, great work on the layout of this blog post. I adore the marker commentary!