Looking for a meaningful way to express your love for your BFF? Or just looking to create a one-of-a-kind bracelet to sport with your fashionable outfits? We recreated one of our favorite grade school past-times to offer you a little friendship bracelet DIY, perfect as a gift to yourself or your bestie!
Creating a friendship bracelet is actually a pretty simple process; it’s really just a series of knots created with your favorite colors of embroidery floss!
What you’ll need…
5 skeins of embroidery floss in your favorite colors
1. Cut 5 strands of embroidery floss about 12″ long each and tie them together at one end. Tape the knotted end to your workspace. If you want your project to be more mobile, you can also clip it onto a clipboard. Lay out each strand of thread in the order you’d like the colors to appear on your bracelet.
2. Holding thread B taut, use thread A to tie a knot around thread B. Repeat.
3. Holding thread C taut, use thread A to tie a knot around thread C. Repeat.
4. Continue this process until you’ve tied two knots around threads A – E.
5. Continue this process with thread C and repeat with the remaining threads until your friendship bracelet reaches the proper length to fit around your wrist. Tie a knot at the end to finish it off and you’re done! Need help? Consult our handy diagram!
Did you make friendship bracelets as a kid? Do you think you’ll try making them again now?