Flea Market Street Style

flea market street style 1

Over the weekend, I took a little trip to the Alameda Point Antiques Faire, otherwise known as The Flea Market!  Not only is it a great place to spend hours rummaging for hidden treasures, but it’s a great place for people-watching. I fell in love with these cute and casual outfits, which all felt perfect for a day spent hunting for antiques and vintage clothes!

flea market street style 2

flea market street style 3

flea market street style 4

What are the best flea markets in your neck of the woods?

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

14 Responses to Flea Market Street Style

1. Paulette W. 10/07/2010 at 5:18 pm #

In Baltimore, some of the best flea markets is the Antiques, Collectibles, Crafts & Flea Market. Cool vintage finds :)

• Annes 10/08/2010 at 6:34 am #

I love it

2. Antoinette 10/07/2010 at 6:05 pm #

cute outfits!

3. Chaucee 10/07/2010 at 7:24 pm #

I wish there were some great markets in Lancaster, PA but I can’t say that there are any. Where I live is Amish and Mennonite so the clothing isn’t quite vintage chic or cute.

4. Kellie 10/07/2010 at 8:19 pm #

Melrose Trading Post is a really amazing flea market in L.A, and it happens EVERY weekend! But my favorite is the smaller Silverlake Arts, Crafts, and Vintage fair. It’s not very big, but I always find incredible stuff there!

5. Erin (ModCloth) 10/07/2010 at 8:58 pm #

Ooh, that reminds me! The Rose Bowl flea market in Pasadena, CA is amazing. It’s on the second Sunday of every month, so there’s one coming up this weekend!

6. the village idiot 10/07/2010 at 9:29 pm #

omg-love the girl on the left

7. Sophie 10/08/2010 at 2:22 pm #

The upper left picture looks cumbersome! But maybe the bags are for carrying her spoils?

8. cougarvintage 10/10/2010 at 7:36 am #

Love vintage coats ! It’s a shame that here in Florida we don’t have such a nice flea market !

9. Jasmine 10/10/2010 at 5:16 pm #

Hi Erin, I’ve been a big fan of your blog for a little over a year and love your outfits! I’m visiting San Francisco in a few weeks and I was wondering if you had any suggestions of what to do or see in San Francisco (and mostly importantly, where to shop x)). Hope to hear from you soon and congrats on your success! :)

• Erin (ModCloth) 10/12/2010 at 2:24 pm #

Hi Jasmine! Thank you! As far as places in SF, I recommend shopping in the Mission/Valencia area or Upper Haight for lots of vintage shops. And weather permitting, you should check out Baker Beach! It’s got a lovely view of the Bay Bridge from the water. Have fun on your trip!

10. Jemma 10/31/2010 at 4:28 pm #

WOW! I did not know that Modcloth attended events in my neck of the woods! I love the Alameda flea market, I got a gorgeous floor length sheer yellow dress there for 11 dollars!