Step Into Fall with a Statement Coat!

ModStylist Chelsey gets ready for a day of activities with the Forest for the Trees Jacket in Blue, roomy Duff-owl Bag, and practical On the Up and Up Boot.

When it comes to getting dressed in the morning, choosing a coat is often an afterthought. You’ve got a bus to catch, and you’ll shuck off your coat once you get to the office anyway. Totally understandable. Just don’t forget that your outerwear staples, when styled well, can play the role of a statement piece as well! We asked the ModStylists Chelsey, Amy, Jess, and Nicole to create five coat-centric ensembles, using outerwear from different warmth levels!

If you’re still searching for your perfect fall coat, look no further than our outerwear section, or our warmth-level organized Warm, Warmer, or Warmest coat categories!

What type of coat are you wearing right now?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , ,

6 Responses to Step Into Fall with a Statement Coat!

1. Katie 10/08/2010 at 7:19 pm #

I love all of these outfits! I am excited to pull out my 1960′s seafoam green coat this winter. It’s got big buttons, 3/4 sleeves, and is absolutely adorable!

2. Katharine Ellis Tapley 10/08/2010 at 8:17 pm #

One of the main reasons I love the colder weather is my bold black and white striped trench! I call it my Agent 99 coat!

3. Louise 10/10/2010 at 1:41 am #

“Duff-Owl” bag? That, my friends, is genius. Me want.

4. Kaleigh 10/10/2010 at 10:08 am #

The fall is my absolute favorite time of year… I love the colors of turning leaves, apple butter and, of course, pumpkins… which is why I can’t wait to order the First Prize Pumpkin Jacket… until then I’ll wear a vintage navy wool blazer I once scored in the little boys section of Goodwill… three quarter sleeves and awesome vintage buttons, works great with all my scarves!

5. Caitlin 10/11/2010 at 1:26 am #

I love that Pink coat outfit. I wish it wasn’t coming up to boiling hot Australia summer :(

6. Lee 10/11/2010 at 8:09 pm #

What an awesome post – I love that the outfits are all deconstructed so we can click to see what’s what. I madly/badly want the Forest for the Trees jacket and the Duff-Owl bag!