Take Your Wardrobe to the Maxi

Clockwise from left: Amanda of Fröken Fashionista, Natascha of Fashion Nicotine, Maria of Heijastuspinta, and Ariyani Sukma.

If you’re anything like me, your closet is maxed out with all those items you’ve pulled out of storage and are ready to wear all winter, plus the summer clothes you’re not quite ready to part with. Why not rework some of your summer staples for the fall? Maxi dresses might call to mind days at the beach, but these lengthy dresses can be styled just as well for autumn. Take a cue from these bloggers, and pair your dress with combat boots and an over-sized sweater. Or, try layering a top over your maxi and wearing it like a skirt!

And if you’re looking for the perfect maxi for fall, you’re in the right place. Check out these ModCloth pieces:

MAD MAXIS – Very Vital Maxi Dress, Demeter Maxi Dress, and the Durban Beachfront Dress.

Would you wear a maxi for fall, or do you think they’re strictly for sunny days at the beach? Let us know how you’d layer this look!

, , , , , , ,

11 Responses to Take Your Wardrobe to the Maxi

1. Kim 10/13/2010 at 2:29 pm #

I would never wear a maxi dress, but only because I’m only 5 ft tall and I’d look even shorter than I am! Unless I wore high heels and they aren’t my style. Plus I just find longer lengths annoying, always getting in the way! I like my legs and arms to be free!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 10/13/2010 at 4:07 pm #

I’m only 5′ 3″, so I hear ya, Kim! I have several maxis that I love, though, so if you’re ever feeling up for a maxi, I’ve found that maxi dresses with empire waists are the friendliest style, since the high waist elongates your bottom half, as opposed to a lower-waist style. : )

• Lynnie! 10/14/2010 at 5:35 pm #

Me too! I’m very short and I look like a complete idiot in a maxi dress!

2. Amanda 10/13/2010 at 4:37 pm #

Thanks for including me!

xo

Amanda Brohman

3. Taryn 10/13/2010 at 5:29 pm #

I would wear one for fall, for sure:)

4. Katharine Ellis Tapley 10/14/2010 at 12:14 pm #

I love that Demeter dress. I’d love to pair it with my tall black boots and a leather jacket.

5. Ashelle 10/14/2010 at 12:25 pm #

Adorable idea, I will have to mix up my Maxi with some other items.

6. Laurel 10/14/2010 at 5:34 pm #

I got my first maxi dress this summer, and I am super excited for my Between Situations Dress to arrive. Sometimes a girl just wants to wear a dress but doesn’t want to bother with matching tights, etc. I’m looking forward to adding maxi dresses to my fall wardrobe!

7. Tata 10/14/2010 at 10:11 pm #

I think maxi dresses are great for fall! Most might not dare, but I like the idea.

8. Sarah 10/25/2010 at 11:18 pm #

Definitely done it in the past, but layering is a must if you want to stay warm, especially during the chilly autumn nights :D Add warm wool cardigan, long sleeved undershirt, leather belt, booties, and thick stockings = perfect fall outfit.

9. serenity 04/04/2011 at 11:24 am #

these are sweet dresses and i would love to own them or just try them on it is a pleasure to even look at dresses such as these