Purple for a Purpose

ModCloth grab bags are back. This time, rather than just being lucky enough to score a limited Purple for a Purpose Grab Bag, 20% of the proceeds will benefit the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence in honor of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Each purple tote is filled with $90 worth of ModCloth accessories.

Purple is the color often designated to domestic violence (DV) and intimate partner violence (IPV) prevention. We hope that when you use your purple tote, it reminds you of your contribution to a worthy cause.

If you don’t get a chance to purchase a bag or wish to participate further in DV and IPV support organizations, there are so many ways to participate:

One of our blog readers, Angela in Washington, participated in a race to raise money for domestic violence services in her area.

We want to know what you’re doing to raise awareness. Please share!

Photo: The Pixel Project

Do you need help?

15 Responses to Purple for a Purpose

1. Sarah 10/18/2010 at 4:09 pm #

How big is the portion donated?

• ModCloth 10/18/2010 at 8:31 pm #

Hi, Sarah!

20% of the proceeds from each bag will benefit the NCADV.

Thanks!

• Cheyne 10/19/2010 at 2:40 am #

“…20% of the proceeds will benefit the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence in honor of National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.”
      So 20%, or (1/5) of $30. Which is $6 a bag (30 / 5 = 6).

2. eudora 10/18/2010 at 4:10 pm #

this sounds wonderful, but may I ask, how much of the proceeds will go to the NCADV?

• ModCloth 10/18/2010 at 8:32 pm #

Oh, definitely! Thanks for asking! Twenty percent of the proceeds from each bag will benefit the NCADV.

3. Elizabeth 10/18/2010 at 4:13 pm #

Raising awareness about Domestic Violence is so important. I’m glad that Modcloth is taking part in any way at all. I’ve worked with many women and families who have dealt with domestic violence issues and providing a sense of community and support is the most important thing any single person can do, I think.

Thank you for being a part of that community of care. :)

exoh,
    Elizabeth

4. Tania 10/18/2010 at 4:49 pm #

Please release more grab bags if able. I would definitely like to help :)

5. toni 10/18/2010 at 4:54 pm #

NOT FAIR!
    I was in the process of purchasing this bag, it was in my shopping ‘cart’ and then two minutes later it was sold out. I wanted this as these sort of chances don’t last long and I don’t get them often as I live in Australia. I wanted this bag and wanted to give procedes, but now I can’t. Iam very dissapointed.,

6. Minnie 10/18/2010 at 6:42 pm #

I’m glad to see Modcloth is taking action! I would also like to point out that this Wednesday, October 20th, it is Wear Purple Spirit Day in memory of the GLBT community youth who have, in recent weeks and months, committed suicide due to homophobic abuse in their schools. This blog post reminded me because of the purple, of course. While it is important to raise awareness of DV, show double support Wednesday by wearing purple. =)

7. Lyn 10/18/2010 at 7:50 pm #

Are you guys getting more grab bags in? I didn’t get to look in my e-mail until after school and they were all gone :(

• ModCloth 10/18/2010 at 8:30 pm #

Unfortunately, those are all we had! We will have other grab bags in the future, though!

8. RicketyRack 10/18/2010 at 8:32 pm #

A very honorable gesture on behalf of ModCloth!

9. Chrissie 10/19/2010 at 1:20 pm #

My philanthropy group, the ASAP Daisies, are hosting the “Hunt for Purple October” Scavenger hunt on October 23rd in Albany, NY to raise awareness of Domestic Violence. Teams will search for pruple clues around downtown, while learning facts about domestic violence. All proceeds will benefit the Safe Haven program which houses the pets of domestic violence victims in a secure and confidential location. If you’re in the Albany area check out our website at http://www.asapdaisies.org or our facebook page: The Hunt for Purple October