Book Drop: Used Bookstore Builds Massive Dominoes Chain

Add this to our list of reasons why we love local bookstores. The folks at Arizona used books chain Bookmans Entertainment Exchange had a little after-hours fun and constructed a massive dominoes structure using (what else?) dozens of books. Bookmans says their video “plays on connectedness, cause and effect, and non-linear lines while evoking the feeling of getting lost in a book so deeply that the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world fades away.” That’s something we can fall in line with!

Do you have a favorite local bookstore?

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

, , , , ,

7 Responses to Book Drop: Used Bookstore Builds Massive Dominoes Chain

1. constance 10/25/2010 at 4:05 pm #

Powell’s in Portland is the BEST! Everything you didn’t know you needed to know is right there. A flippin’ national treasure.

2. Lee 10/25/2010 at 5:38 pm #

Linden Tree in Los Altos, CA and Partners & Crime in NYC, NY! Bonus: Page One in Taipei, Taiwan b/c it provides awesome reading spaces/seating.

3. Sophi 10/25/2010 at 6:28 pm #

Oh man! More love for Linden Tree. Best children’s bookstore ever.
    Adobe Bookshop in SF hosted a really amazing art piece a few years back. Chris Cobb’s There Is Nothing Wrong in This Whole Wide World — http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/litchick/uploaded_images/adobecolor-706913.jpg

4. Jane 10/25/2010 at 11:01 pm #

This just adds to me adoration of Modcloth…love.

5. Liana 10/26/2010 at 3:07 am #

Ahhh Bookmans!!! How I miss thee! 90% of my vinyl collection came from the Flagstaff branch, as well as a lot of my books. It looks quite like the one in the video too but I can’t be sure.

6. Jessica Sue 10/27/2010 at 8:28 pm #

When I lived in Arizona, Bookmans was definitely my favorite local bookstore. Now, I’d have to say Powell’s is my favorite, seeing as it’s the world’s largest used bookstore and it’s mere miles from my apartment.

7. Chelseabird 10/28/2010 at 4:23 pm #

Bookmans is my local bookstore! How neat! I also really love Changing Hands in Tempe, Arizona. Such a wonderful place!