A sturdy styling comb with fine teeth
A pair of sharp beauty scissors
Ready? Follow these simple steps:
Start with dry hair, styled as usual.
1. Separate your bangs from the rest of your hair. Tie back the remainder of your hair with a ponytail holder, or secure hair away from the face with bobby pins.
2. Decide on where you want your bangs to end — close to the crown of your head? Near the middle of your forehead? Just above your eyebrows? Always choose an end point which is just a bit longer than what you want as an end result. You can always trim away hair, but once you’ve gone too far, you’re out of luck!
3. Once you decide on an end point, comb bangs straight down with the comb teeth facing away from your forehead. Stop the comb at the level you’ve chosen. This comb will act as a straightedge guide.
4. Still holding the comb as a guide in one hand, start snipping teeny tiny sections at the center of your forehead and slowly work your way to the sides. Keep the scissors pointed at a 45-degree angle to your face.
5. Finished? Shake your head, causing loose hairs fall to the ground. Comb your bangs a few times to ensure you didn’t miss any areas. Trim remaining hairs as necessary.
6. Done and done — you should find yourself with a sweet set o’ bangs!
Tote your beauty tools around in style with the Voyage Vanity Case, the Melts Your Heart Pouch, or the Prepared for Anything Pencil Pouch. We’ve found these bags are a sweet and stylish way to carry all of our hair and make-up necessities!