Street Style: Borrowed from the Boys

menswear street styleImages via Team Peter Stigter and StyleSightings.

For our latest round-up of street style looks, we focused in on lovely ladies wearing dapper ensembles borrowed from the boys.  We’re in love with these menswear-inspired styles from across the globe for their perfect mix of masculine and feminine.

menswear street styleImages via The Streethearts and StockholmStreetStyle.

menswear street styleImages via The Style Scout and StockholmStreetStyle

menswear street styleImages via Hel Looks and Stil in Berlin.

How do you mix menswear-inspired pieces into your outfits?

About Erin

Erin is our resident California girl with a love for everything vintage. She’s the creative force behind Calivintage.com and she’s joined the ModCloth blog team to share her passion for vintage-inspired style, cycling adventures, and silly hats!

, , , ,

6 Responses to Street Style: Borrowed from the Boys

1. grace 11/09/2010 at 2:18 pm #

I <3 Tati!

2. Katie 11/09/2010 at 5:00 pm #

i love to layer my bf’s sweaters with skirts and dress…also love stealing his plaid shirts and wearing with skinnies! boy’s clothes are SO comfy! :)

3. Bluus 11/10/2010 at 5:06 pm #

All those too short pants drive me nuts…I really hate when a people wear pants that end at that awkward above the ankles but not short enough to be capris length…..Apart from that though, I like a lot of boy’s fashion and some of these outfits are pretty dandy^^

4. anon 11/11/2010 at 7:05 pm #

its not a blog roundup if you only pick from three blogs.

5. Jessica 11/16/2010 at 11:06 pm #

I like to pair mens button down dress shirts with a mini skirt, some leggings, uggs, and a band shirt over the button down.

6. rosie 02/03/2013 at 1:36 pm #

i like to have everything really girly, and then add one menswear piece. i think i have about 5 men’s sweaters in my closet and snagged my dad’s old vest and resized it. sure, feminine is power, but who said you couldn’t be gorgeous in guys’ clothes, too? :)