Life in Monochrome

In Dee’s outfit: Get a Clue Hat, Fanciful Phenomenon Top, A Little This, A Little That Vest, Doing the Polka Dot Skirt, Second Semester Socks in Night Sky, and Heel-ing Powers.

Dressing for late fall often conjures images of Alpine intarsia knits, warm pumpkin and burgundy tones, and lace-up riding boots. But for monochrome lovers like ModCloth project coordinator Dee, these cool fall days mean lots of layers, and statement accessories like hats, tall over-the-knee socks, and the perfect pair of boots.

“I like to keep a monochromatic color palette, and like to have fun with texture and prints to liven up an ensemble,” says Dee, whose eye for style carries through her work coordinating stylebook shoots, scouting models and locations, and assisting our stylists and photographers.

Any other black-and-white dressers out there? What are your single-color styling tips?

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

, , , , ,

11 Responses to Life in Monochrome

1. Nicole (ModCloth) 11/12/2010 at 12:08 pm #

This is adorable! I love the combination of lace and polka dots!

2. Richard (ModCloth) 11/12/2010 at 12:53 pm #

Dee-lightful!!!

3. Julie C. (ModCloth) 11/12/2010 at 12:55 pm #

Dee is adorbs!

4. C 11/12/2010 at 2:59 pm #

I’m a big fan of black and white (especially black). Since you asked for a tip: pile on the unique and weird pieces; keeping to b&w keeps things classy instead of tacky. Dee does it right.

5. Desiree 11/12/2010 at 10:26 pm #

this really just reminds me of of Taylor Momsen

6. MOUSEVOX 11/13/2010 at 12:02 pm #

Basic black and white is a color palette I know all too well (and adore!). For me, it’s all about interesting shapes and textures.

7. Abbie 11/13/2010 at 7:40 pm #

Cuteee keep it up

8. antoinette 11/14/2010 at 8:05 pm #

i’ve had my eye on that blouse but never knew how to dress it up! dee does it wonderfully. and dare i say (and i apologize in advance!) dee reminds me of taylor momsen?

9. Natalie 11/15/2010 at 4:36 pm #

I wear a fair amount of black and white. Wrap dresses are my fav, paired with a pair of red peep toe heels or over the knee black boots. Just a pop of red really works.

10. Dee (ModCloth) 11/15/2010 at 5:08 pm #

Ha, I’ve never been able to comprehend Momsen comparison. But, I suppose she could be my little sister several times removed. If she WERE my little sister, though, she would be on time out until she put some clothes on! (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFlHsKExcYg )

11. Lauren M. (ModCloth) 11/17/2010 at 1:17 pm #

Hypercute!! Lil’ T Momsen wishes she was your sis!