Eat Your M&Ms and Veggies Before Vintage Shopping!

Who: Hannah Vander Linden

What: Vintage brown dress

Where:
Imonni’s in Long Beach, CA

How Much:
$27

When I Use It:
“I wore it to my homecoming dance. The theme was the Golden Age of Hollywood. Now I wear the outfit to weddings, church, and every where else you can imagine. It’s the perfect conservative dress, but at the same time shows off my best assets.”

Shopping Tips: “EAT. Believe me, not even the most beautiful dress will look good if you feel horrible. I know if I don’t eat a decent meal before heading out, I get fatigued and irritated after a few hours of shopping. So my advice is to eat a meal beforehand, and eat some snacks while on your hunt for a vintage treasure. Cucumbers, baby carrots, and peanut M&Ms are some of my favorites!”

HEY, BLOG READERS! We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters around, which is why we want to hear the story behind your Fave Find! E-mail us at favefinds@modcloth.com with a picture of you with your favorite vintage find (a rare record, a hand-carved cabinet, a perfect pair of boots, or any other treasure), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips!

About Julianne

Julie Since graduating from the "Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too," Julie's aptness for the written word picked up steam like a runaway train. Her journey thus far has been fueled by an adventurous heart, creative mind, and love of breakfast, baking, and bacon. She often makes social situations more awkward than they need to be and loves the word "scrumtrulescent!"

6 Responses to Eat Your M&Ms and Veggies Before Vintage Shopping!

1. Angela (ModCloth) 12/02/2010 at 12:26 pm #

Adorbs! I love that dress, and that hairstyle is really lovely!

2. Hannah (ModCloth) 12/02/2010 at 1:24 pm #

Great dress! I love 50′s shirt dresses. And, I totally agree with your shopping tip; I usually throw a granola bar or the like in my purse for the trip to keep me sane and sated.

3. beth 12/03/2010 at 1:38 am #

You’re so cute and I loooove peanut M&Ms!!!

4. Susan (ModCloth) 12/03/2010 at 4:07 pm #

What an amazing find – and it looks great on you!

5. Charlotte 12/05/2010 at 5:10 pm #

what great advice!! I always find the minute I stop for lunch on a shopping trip my motivation goes, but if I don’t stop I can’t concentrate.
    and any advice that involves M&Ms has to be good advice!!

Charlotte