Street Style: Delight in Bright Tights

bright tightsImages via Japanese Streets and STYLITES.

In dreary December, it’s difficult to imagine wearing anything but cozy sweaters, protective outerwear and cuddly accessories. However, the doldrums of cold weather don’t necessarily have to influence your daily style. These fashion-forward females, spotted on some of our favorite street style blogs, are showing us how to sport blindly bright, vibrant tights in a way that’s wearable and wonderful all year long.

bright tightsImages via HEL LOOKS and The Sartorialist.

bright tightsImages via Street Peeper.

We think the pops of color in these ensembles speak for themselves – do you don equally bright legwear during winter?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , ,

15 Responses to Street Style: Delight in Bright Tights

1. Charlotte 12/03/2010 at 4:29 pm #

I absolutely adore wearing bright tights in the winter!! They definitely perk me up!!
    In England, it’s usually cold and grey all year round so we need something bright to cheer us up!!

Charlotte

2. Lauren 12/03/2010 at 6:42 pm #

I was actually considering wearing some hot pink tights tonight that I bought, but didn’t know if I would be creating a fashion blunder with them. Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

3. Becky 12/04/2010 at 12:37 am #

I just started to this year actually. Except I don’t always like to be so solid and have recently put fishnet floral and other patterns over them. I kinda got the idea from Rebecca The Clothes Horse :P Its nice variety and gives me the courage to try out even bolder colors.

4. Roxanne the Dainty Libarian 12/04/2010 at 11:20 am #

I love wearing anything bright on a gloomy day should be required. It really makes people smile. :)

5. Alyssa 12/04/2010 at 1:01 pm #

Hey Modcloth, y’all have customers around the world, like in the Southern Hemisphere, where December isn’t dreary (it’s in fact summer) and wearing cozy sweaters and protective outerwear is unthinkable. It’d be nice to get some acknowledgement once in a while.

6. Katharine Ellis Tapley 12/04/2010 at 1:44 pm #

I love my bright tights! I especially love wearing bright patterned tights with LBD’s this time of year!

7. Holly 12/04/2010 at 3:58 pm #

Thanks, but no thanks! I’m not against bright, but I don’t want to look like somebody off the cartoon channel either.

8. Abby 12/04/2010 at 4:21 pm #

I love the yellow tights!!!

9. Alicia 12/05/2010 at 11:43 am #

Bright tights are so much fun! I love wearing my favorite LBD with hot pink or red tights.

10. sparkles 12/05/2010 at 7:16 pm #

i love my bright tights. i have a collection but my favourite pair are a deep pink (but i also love hot pink and purple) i love wearing them underneath shorts or skirts. and i love wearing ballet flats with black ankle socks over the top – just for something different… but its definitely too hot in australia atm to be wearing tights.

11. Christina 12/05/2010 at 11:41 pm #

Love bright colors for the winter!

12. Sian 12/06/2010 at 6:00 am #

I love the red polka dot dress with teal tights. Such a unique combo!! Im always a bit hesitant to try this trend but come autumn (nz seasons) I think I’ll be giving it a serious go :-)

sundaesurf.logspot.com

13. Ashley 12/15/2010 at 12:39 am #

Although it is currently summer here, I love red tights for winter! Unfortunately I can never seem to find an outfit for the other brights without feeling silly :(

14. Sian 12/19/2010 at 1:03 pm #

I love colourful tights! I seem to be wearing them so much this season, in fact I did a post on how to wear them on my blog the other day (http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-wear-coloured-tights.html)
    I own nearly every colour it’s possible to own of them!

15. Neon Threads Clothing 01/13/2011 at 4:24 am #