Street Style: A Pout with Punch

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

street styleImages via The Whole Hole and Citizen Couture.

Bold, beautiful lips never looked so good! Today’s ambitious trendsetters are trying it all, from ’90s-inspired indigo tones to vibrant orange hues and striking metallics.

As you can see in these photos, plucked from our favorite street style blogs, an attention-grabbing pucker can seriously turn up the volume up on any ensemble. Scroll through to see how these stylish ladies accentuated their gorgeous make-up with complementary color palettes and a flair for the fantastic.

Images via Beyond Boston Chic and Easy Fashion.

street styleImages via Advanced Style and Dam Style.

street styleImages via The Style Scout and Lelook.

street styleImages via The Whole Hole and The Streethearts.

How bright or bold do you go with your lipstick?

, , ,

12 Responses to Street Style: A Pout with Punch

1. Higgenbottom 12/29/2010 at 5:01 pm #

i LOVE a bright red or pink or dark plum lip color. sadly, i’m allergic to every lip color i’ve tried. these are great images though!

2. Angela (ModCloth) 12/29/2010 at 6:11 pm #

I love the hot pink lip color on the red-haired girl. I recently dyed my hair a dark red, but was afraid to still wear my own hot pink lipstick. Hrm, maybe I’ll give it a whirl!

3. Savannah 12/29/2010 at 8:47 pm #

Higgenbottom: have you tried clinique? they don’t use fragrances, which is s common allergen for lipstick wearers. it’s sprctacular stuff.

4. Ellie 12/29/2010 at 9:30 pm #

I really like the second one! Her hat is nice, too.

5. Sophie 12/29/2010 at 10:53 pm #

I just bought a tube of bright red and wore it to a school formal and people couldn’t stop complimenting me! I am really liking this trend, but I’ve still been a bit wary of incorporating it into my casual wardrobe. These people make me want to try it though :)

6. Elzinore 12/30/2010 at 1:42 am #

I have Little Mermaid red hair, and I wear my wine colored
    lipstick all the time (like today!). I had a bazillion compliments
    on it. But myyy new favorite lip color is purple. I saw it in the
    maybeline commercials, tried it and can’t live without it.

7. SaraBeth 12/30/2010 at 11:11 am #

Practicality and simplicity in their color would definitely have to be the girl with the brown bangs. Simple and beautiful, but i have to admit that the short haired blonde girl’s dark shade is very daring and she pulls it off nicely

8. RachelC 12/30/2010 at 4:15 pm #

I love every one but green. Because, seriously, green?

9. Tiffany 12/30/2010 at 7:50 pm #

All of these are awesome, I’m just not that daring when it comes to lipstick and almost never wear it. These ladies though give me some courage to try something new!

10. Lauren 12/30/2010 at 10:21 pm #

I keep my makeup regime really natural (a bit of coverup if needed, mascara, et voila!) but I’ve always found lipstick to be a really classy idea… I bought a tube but it’s a really soft pink. I use it and get loads of compliments, but the bold red lip has always caught my eye. I only wish I were brave enough! Instant class (:

11. Priscilla 12/31/2010 at 8:30 am #

I find in real life bright red looks horrible on most females. How ever for pictures and internet the more bold the better. Stage make up is the way to go when your planing on posting a picture. Make up that looks over the top and over done in real life is perfect for photo shoots. The dark eye shadow shows off the eyes and the lipstick is a homing signal. The 80s make up never died on the stage.

12. Elisa 01/01/2011 at 3:44 pm #

Although I really like the idea, I’m not confident enough about my looks to wear funky bright lipstick: I find it hardens your features in quite an unflattering way…