YOUR New Year's Resolutions!

Earlier this week, we sent a text to our SMS subscribers to find out what your New Year’s resolutions are for 2011.  We narrowed it down to the top five responses and discovered that exercising more, adopting new hobbies, freshening up your style, and quitting bad habits are among your top priorities for the coming year.  As for the other 13%, we received a variety of responses ranging from charitable giving and financial responsibility to no resolutions at all!

Will you be hitting the treadmill? Revamping your wardrobe? What are your New Year’s resolutions?

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , , , ,

16 Responses to YOUR New Year's Resolutions!

1. Rachel B 12/31/2010 at 2:26 pm #

I think I am going to try a lot of new things. My boyfriend and I want to try and hit up every indie bar and coffee joint within the Cincinnati area. I personally want to give my waredrobe my own flare and make it all my own. I used to be really shy and awkward in high school but fashion has become my outlet of being confident and more outgoing and I hope that I can only make it more trendy and personal to help me be strong and look good at the same time :D

2. Sarah 12/31/2010 at 2:30 pm #

Mine is to write a novel by the end of June. and then polish it up a bit and find a nice publisher. I have the story all set plotted waiting around to be brought to life. Unfortunatly a lightning bolt is going to bring about my little monster.

• Amber Rose 12/31/2010 at 9:24 pm #

How absolutely wonderful! I hope to someday write a novel. The fact that you’ve got your plot set up is just incredible. Best of luck to you darling!

• Mary 01/04/2011 at 9:16 pm #

NaNo WriMo, National Novel Writing Month every November, is a great writing motivator!

3. Amber Rose 12/31/2010 at 9:25 pm #

My new year’s resolution is..

to wear MORE red lipstick!

4. Sophie 12/31/2010 at 11:05 pm #

Mine is to be a little more confident. Personally, and in my wardrobe, I’ve stopped trying to blend in as much, and 2011 is the year to come out of my shell! I’m looking for my first real job for after graduation, and I want to go on to this new chapter of my life boldly (and stylishly!), make new friends, and have a great time being on my own for the first time!

5. Shari 01/03/2011 at 8:12 pm #

I kept mine simple this year. Drink more water!

• Erin (ModCloth) 01/03/2011 at 8:49 pm #

Shari, I like your resolution. Simple, but good! I need to do the same!

6. Daniele 01/03/2011 at 8:42 pm #

Funny.. I was hoping to pick up a few new bad habits this year. Like… hanging out in dark bars… reading subversive literature and fraternizing with artists, musicians, actors and writers.

• Amber Rose 01/03/2011 at 9:30 pm #

That is the best thing I’ve ever heard. Go you.

7. Brittney M. 01/03/2011 at 9:53 pm #

I want to be more outgoing this year. I’m pretty reserved when out in public and I’d like to change that. Not that I want to go crazy, but I’d like to be able to go up to someone and start talking to them. I want to take more chances before my brain overthinks things. I also want to find a job I enjoy that actually has something to do with my degree and move. I want to start and maintain a healthier lifestyle. Read more books (fiction/non/motivaitonal/etc. and I’m open to suggestions lol) and learn to sew. My biggest resolution is to be happier in 2011 than I was in 2010.

8. Nora 01/03/2011 at 11:40 pm #

I just started my own fashion blog, and I will do all my best to invite as more interesting people as I can. I also will try to make friendship with people who are interested in fashion like I am.
    Another New Year’s chalenge is to start working on my Master degree in Enlgilsh and Creative Writing.
    I hope I meet friends here (@ Modcloth.com) too!

9. Lovely 01/04/2011 at 4:10 am #

Well i’m trying to exercise more this year. I Used to train everyday but i stopped around july. Also, I want to try new things. I want to settle down in a nice career and keep going strong with my fiancee

10. Van 01/04/2011 at 9:24 am #

I have three main ones for now. I keep them simple because the point is to actually meet your goals, not to set overly ambitious ones you’ll never meet:

1) Put everything away when I’m done with it.
    2) Move more, eat more vegetables.
    3) Apply to one blog-related opportunity daily.

11. Jade 01/04/2011 at 8:42 pm #

My resolution is simple:
    To stop making resolutions that I’m not going to fulfill!

12. steve88 01/28/2012 at 4:27 am #

My resolution is to read some books