Bread + Cheese = Love

Image courtesy of Grilled Cheese Social.

Once upon a time, a piece of bread met a slice of cheese. They fell in love, and became one wonderful, melt-in-your-mouth comfort food–the grilled cheese sandwich.

Sourdough bread from Wild Yeast, goat cheese from Madame Fromage, and Grilled Cheese Social’s sautéed mushroom, kale, beet, and goat cheese toasted sandwich!

When I stumbled upon both the bread explorations of Wild Yeast and cheese expertise of Madame Fromage, I thought, “Oooh, I could go for a grilled cheese.” The rumble in my tummy was answered by Grilled Cheese Social, and it seemed like kismet was in the works. A thematic blog match-up like this could only come once in a blue moon. Or could it?

Are there any one-food-only blogs that have captured your heart?

13 Responses to Bread + Cheese = Love

1. Hannah (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 12:48 pm #

Oooh man, that looks amazing. I have beets and goat cheese in my fridge…. hmmmm…

Also, I’d recommend the simple blue cheese+Franks Red Hot on any bread, grilled. It’s amazing!

2. Mackenzie 01/05/2011 at 1:19 pm #

Love, love, love.

3. nicola 01/05/2011 at 8:02 pm #

looks amazing and i think i’ve found a fun activity for tomorrow! also, loved reading thru grilled cheese social’s commentary. she’s a funny gal.

4. Andie (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 8:12 pm #

I had grilled cheese last night, but after looking at that first pic, I will gladly have it again! YUM.

5. Jaime 01/05/2011 at 8:23 pm #

Smitten Kitchen is fabulous. Loads upon loads of amazing recipes and variations and stories to go along.
    I have to say, I have been teased for my devotion of beets, so to hear that it’s become trendy is..an odd feeling. But, I’ll gladly try her recipe out! Thank you for the link :)
    Side note, but goats milk is awesome. If you’re allergic or sensitive to dairy or soy, your stomach will love you when you drink goat’s milk.
    And maybe I’m a sucker for the classics, but I just prefer a simple grilled cheese (maybe put some gruyere in there) and a nice cup of tomato soup.
    Whatever way, grilled cheese is a good invention, and food is good. :)

• Angela (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 8:41 pm #

Jaime, I had a feeling beets were starting to get more attention. Perhaps beets will be in my next endeavor!
      And, thanks for your comment on goat’s milk!

6. Tay 01/05/2011 at 10:41 pm #

C’mon, it’s the New Year. I can’t have my two favorite fatty foods staring me in the face! Must. Not. Eat.

7. Madame Fromage 01/05/2011 at 11:03 pm #

Thanks so much for including me in this post. I love the idea of a grilled cheese, beat, and kale sandwich. Glorious!

8. Laura V. (ModCloth) 01/06/2011 at 5:34 pm #

Drool running down my face.

9. Sheila 01/07/2011 at 10:03 am #

Love the cheezie website an mackenzies photos are as
    beautiful as her sammies. New years diet will have to
    wait.

• Grandhoney 01/20/2011 at 11:21 am #

Please come to our house and show us how to make that delectable grilled cheese!

10. Zoe 01/30/2011 at 12:06 pm #

this looks so yummy i cant look at it! please can i have one.

Zoe