Bread + Cheese = Love

Image courtesy of Grilled Cheese Social.

Once upon a time, a piece of bread met a slice of cheese. They fell in love, and became one wonderful, melt-in-your-mouth comfort food—the grilled cheese sandwich.

Sourdough bread from Wild Yeast, goat cheese from Madame Fromage, and Grilled Cheese Social’s sautéed mushroom, kale, beet, and goat cheese toasted sandwich!

When I stumbled upon both the bread explorations of Wild Yeast and cheese expertise of Madame Fromage, I thought, “Oooh, I could go for a grilled cheese.” The rumble in my tummy was answered by Grilled Cheese Social, and it seemed like kismet was in the works. A thematic blog match-up like this could only come once in a blue moon. Or could it?

Are there any one-food-only blogs that have captured your heart?

About Angela

Someday, Angela will be tending to her sheep, llamas and alpacas on the “Yarn Farm” and raising award winning honey bees. Until then, the native Pittsburgher is enjoying all things related to knitting, her cats, Mr. Spock, red lipstick, and creativity. Writing is her first true love.

13 Responses to Bread + Cheese = Love

1. Hannah (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 12:48 pm #

Oooh man, that looks amazing. I have beets and goat cheese in my fridge…. hmmmm…

Also, I’d recommend the simple blue cheese+Franks Red Hot on any bread, grilled. It’s amazing!

2. Mackenzie 01/05/2011 at 1:19 pm #

Love, love, love.

3. nicola 01/05/2011 at 8:02 pm #

looks amazing and i think i’ve found a fun activity for tomorrow! also, loved reading thru grilled cheese social’s commentary. she’s a funny gal.

4. Andie (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 8:12 pm #

I had grilled cheese last night, but after looking at that first pic, I will gladly have it again! YUM.

5. Jaime 01/05/2011 at 8:23 pm #

Smitten Kitchen is fabulous. Loads upon loads of amazing recipes and variations and stories to go along.
    I have to say, I have been teased for my devotion of beets, so to hear that it’s become trendy is..an odd feeling. But, I’ll gladly try her recipe out! Thank you for the link :)
    Side note, but goats milk is awesome. If you’re allergic or sensitive to dairy or soy, your stomach will love you when you drink goat’s milk.
    And maybe I’m a sucker for the classics, but I just prefer a simple grilled cheese (maybe put some gruyere in there) and a nice cup of tomato soup.
    Whatever way, grilled cheese is a good invention, and food is good. :)

• Angela (ModCloth) 01/05/2011 at 8:41 pm #

Jaime, I had a feeling beets were starting to get more attention. Perhaps beets will be in my next endeavor!
      And, thanks for your comment on goat’s milk!

6. Tay 01/05/2011 at 10:41 pm #

C’mon, it’s the New Year. I can’t have my two favorite fatty foods staring me in the face! Must. Not. Eat.

7. Madame Fromage 01/05/2011 at 11:03 pm #

Thanks so much for including me in this post. I love the idea of a grilled cheese, beat, and kale sandwich. Glorious!

8. Laura V. (ModCloth) 01/06/2011 at 5:34 pm #

Drool running down my face.

9. Sheila 01/07/2011 at 10:03 am #

Love the cheezie website an mackenzies photos are as
    beautiful as her sammies. New years diet will have to
    wait.

• Grandhoney 01/20/2011 at 11:21 am #

Please come to our house and show us how to make that delectable grilled cheese!

10. Zoe 01/30/2011 at 12:06 pm #

this looks so yummy i cant look at it! please can i have one.

Zoe