It All Started With A Thought: The Chain Letter Dress

Last June, we celebrated the one-year anniversary of our Blogger of the Moment feature and asked for your feedback. Style blogger Starr, of A Thought is the Blossom had the grand idea to start a chain letter dress.

What is a chain letter dress, pray tell? Well, Starr styled a dress, and then passed it on to her favorite blogger, who then passed it on to her favorite blogger, and so on and so on. Starr picked ModCloth’s Yodel Lady Dress for its versatility–full skirt, elasticized waist, neutral color. She passed the dress on to Rosemud, who sent it to Dear Beatrice, who packaged it up for Lulu Letty, who posted it to Q’s Daydream, who whisked it off to Dalena Vintage, who hustled it on over to Little Ocean Annie, who relayed it to What Would a Nerd Wear, who then sent it to The Daybook, where we hear you will see the dress make an appearance soon!

It’s been fun seeing how each girl has styled it! Do you have any creative ideas for collaborations with bloggers? We want to hear your ideas!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

12 Responses to It All Started With A Thought: The Chain Letter Dress

1. Victoria / Justice Pirate 01/05/2011 at 2:57 pm #

That looks like a lot of fun. I saw most of these posted which is what is really nice to look at the full collaboration effort here! Great job ladies!!

I like challenges of putting outfits together, but I’m a little soo simplistic rather than creative with coming up with an idea of how to collaborate. I’d like to do something with seeing attempts to make outfits that might be immodest to some, to be created modestly through different bloggers, but I don’t know too many people who are modest fashion frenzy.

2. Blythe 01/05/2011 at 3:12 pm #

Hi! I love this collaboration, along with the Delightful Dozen dress-passing project a few of these bloggers have going on.

In November 2009, I made plans to wear a dress every day in December. I called in Dressember. Last month, I had a handful of bloggers (and non-bloggers) participate in the festivities and post their pics on their blogs and on a flickr group we started for Dressember.
    For more info:
    or

3. christa 01/05/2011 at 3:36 pm #

I saw this on WWaNW and wondered about it…now seeing all of the bloggers that have worn it together it’s so much fun! what a great idea. can’t wait to see what sydney does with it.

4. Amanda 01/05/2011 at 4:29 pm #

This is like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, though….But cool to see in “real life,” I guess, as opposed to just in fantasy.

5. Beth 01/05/2011 at 4:54 pm #

So cute! Love the concept, Love each incarnation of the dress. Check out my fashion design blog, it has a lot of similar stuff! http://bniel.blogspot.com

6. Sydney 01/05/2011 at 8:36 pm #

What a clever idea! And a cute dress too! It was interesting to each how each gal put their personal style to it!

~Syd

7. Bluus 01/06/2011 at 6:38 am #

Very neat idea! I like how we get to see a bit of diversity in wearing of a simple, but sweet, dress.

I think it’s funny how very alike most of the girls look, almost all with similar hair color and length! (I know I’m weird for noticing something like that XD)

8. Rosaspina Vintage 01/06/2011 at 7:25 am #

Ah Starr is always amazing :) Such a pretty idea and it’s lovely to think of a dress travelling around the world! We should repeat it with another piece of clothing to make the experience enjoyable in different parts of the world at the same time, maybe even crossing paths sometime :)

9. Ariska 01/06/2011 at 11:31 am #

I love the idea! Especially that the dress is travelling around the world, maybe someday I’ll be wearing the dress.

10. Kaelah Bee 01/07/2011 at 12:41 am #

I love the way Annie styled it as a skirt! She’s the cutest little preggo blogger around.

11. Ellie 01/07/2011 at 6:52 pm #

this is a really cool idea! definitely better than pants.

12. Emily 01/11/2011 at 1:04 am #

Oh, I love this! That dress looks great on all of those girls. Perhaps ModCloth should start a common swap/pass-along thing like this with different dresses? It would be fun to make it into a “ModCloth thing” or something!