We Still Love ‘Mew!’

olivia mewMew’s completed project, titled “Something From Nothing,” which includes the Just Thinkin’ about Tomorrow DressYoke of the Day Dress, and the Sailing into the Sunset Dress!

You may remember our post a few months back about a fun art project by artist and university student Olivia Mew.  Her goal was to create one person-size dress out of her 77 tiny replicas, and we were delighted to discover that several of her mini felt dresses were fashioned after items in our very own inventory.  Fast-forward a few months and not only has she completed her dress project, but she has also designed two handmade peter pan collars exclusively for ModCloth!  The velvety, burgundy Polly Pan Collar and crisp black Polly Pan Collar in Cotton are available on the site now, ready to take home!

olivia mew

Welcome to ModCloth.com, Olivia!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

, , ,

8 Responses to We Still Love ‘Mew!’

1. olivia 01/07/2011 at 4:02 pm #

holy crow! i just came upon this by surprise. thanks so much for the article, erin! mew loves you too :)

btw, if anyone wants to keep up with my crafty-type stuff, i also blog at youngcaptive.blogspot.com (shameless self promotion)

2. Erin (ModCloth) 01/07/2011 at 4:20 pm #

Olivia: You’re very welcome! I ordered the velvet collar and it came in the mail today! Can’t wait to wear it!

3. Kaelah Bee 01/07/2011 at 8:36 pm #

I’ve been on the hunt for a sweet Peter Pan Collar as of late! Perfection!

4. Sarita 01/08/2011 at 10:41 am #

I am so excited about the collars!

5. bianca 01/08/2011 at 2:53 pm #

lovely work studio place.

6. olivia 01/08/2011 at 3:17 pm #

bianca – it’s my kitchen table! (+ my living room in the background). not very glamorous, ha.

7. Ginseng MacKay-Tisbert 01/13/2011 at 1:52 pm #

neat. it reminds me of the children’s story “The Hundred Dresses.” It’s about a little girl who is poor and motherless who boasts that she has 100 dresses even though it’s obvious she only has one. At the end the other children find out she really did have 100 dresses when she wins a drawing contest with her 100 beautiful dress illustrations…

• olivia 01/13/2011 at 2:26 pm #

When I presented the project in class a bunch of people brought that book up! I’ve gotta look into it. It’s funny because the piece is named after another kids’ book :)